By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Wii Music will NOT be the next great thing

vaio said:

To me it seems it´s exacly the same maybe even worse then wiifit.

I keep wondering if most of the people bashing this game are doing it because Wiifit and the other Wii xxxx games didn´t fail as they hoped so this may be their last chance to be right.

Lol - it is the same with the core gamers saying 'it's not a game, it sux' but this time they are predicting it'll sell millions anyway.   And this time I'm predicting against it instead of for it.

Around the Network
Sky Render said:
The only core that will be washed away is the part of the core that will not adapt. That's how it is with all disruptive forces. Those who stay behind are left behind. It's worth it to go with the change instead of resist it. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. As I said, the upmarket will re-emerge and take on a new form in the coming years. Games won't be like the Wii series forever, just as they weren't like Super Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda forever when the previous cycle started.

But how long will the new market can adapt and be a core market? Im still remember the old days with the famicom Im from Asia so we have famicom then instead of the NES we're still playing Battle City, galaga, galaxian, Warpman, Tetris, ballon fight, ice climber, etc... in those days you know casual ones before the core gaming shifts with Super Mario Bros. 3 and the release of the SNES. I think its from 1991 so how long will the new gamers will adapt? I think it will take long time

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

The start of a new generation means the start of new series. A lot of the game series that were well-loved before the NES ceased to exist shortly after the NES came along. Some survived for a while, but most vanished. The likes of Lemmings, Dizzy, Q*Bert, Pitfall, Breakout, Arkanoid, Asteroids, and many others disappeared long ago, but were beloved series in their prime.

Expect the successors to flailing or soon-to-be-flailing franchises like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, and Grand Theft Auto to be just as much an upgrade in gameplay as those series were to the old pre-NES series that died off.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

How long it takes for the new gamers to adapt depends on how fast Nintendo and other developers push them. Nintendo took it very slow with the Famicom; they were treading unfamiliar waters. This is not the case any more. Consider, for example, Mario Kart Wii. That's a bold bridge to the upmarket for so early in the generation, and a successful one at that. I think we'll reach the status of a new core demographic far sooner this time around...

The problem was the pubishers and developers during the Atari era are seized to exist or became a niche 3rd parties after the NES era since they didnt embrace Ninty, like boderbund I think that'll happen with other 3rd parties like Konami, Squeenix and Rockstar.

So there'll be no another Grand theft Auto, Maetal gear Solid and Final fantasy this time...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Didn't Nintendo say the game wasn't really a game at all and it was made for children especially as an educational tool?

I see this "game" selling over a million simply because there are that more many children who are entry gamers that have a Wii.

Sky Render said:
How long it takes for the new gamers to adapt depends on how fast Nintendo and other developers push them. Nintendo took it very slow with the Famicom; they were treading unfamiliar waters. This is not the case any more. Consider, for example, Mario Kart Wii. That's a bold bridge to the upmarket for so early in the generation, and a successful one at that. I think we'll reach the status of a new core demographic far sooner this time around...

Can you give a definition for this new core demographic? something precise...?

btw, this thread has me scared. pale white scared... I may be a lil' too dramatic, but I'm hella scared.

You say that as though there are no future Squaresofts, Konamis, Namcos, or Rockstars to emerge, yushire. Which isn't a very reasonable claim. The development costs for Wii games are very low, as they are for DS, and even lower for WiiWare. New developers are getting their name out there because of that, and we will inevitably see at least a few of these new developers turn into the megalith developers we come to expect from the industry.

The industry Reset button was hit. But like a video game, the game is still the same game as before. We're just playing it a different way this time.

yushire said:
The problem was the pubishers and developers during the Atari era are seized to exist or became a niche 3rd parties after the NES era since they didnt embrace Ninty, like boderbund I think that'll happen with other 3rd parties like Konami, Squeenix and Rockstar.

So there'll be no another Grand theft Auto, Maetal gear Solid and Final fantasy this time...

All those things go in waves, yes there will be a time when there is less of those games but the tide will turn and they will see another upswing too and by that time we will have additional games and genres to play and choose between.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

We have to admit though, since we dont know what Ninty was thinking we just bash the crap out of the Wii and Ninty and say... WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING NINTENDOOOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XUJDt5HgQ

^^^
This is a complete example of it please listen...

E3 2010- Tape runs out