By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will LBP flop?

We all know the game will most likly be great, but as history has taught us great=/= great sales.

Is there even a market for LBP? Will the game be a run away sucess? Lets take off our fanboy hats and really think about it.

I don't see this game doing very well. Who is the demographic for this game? Kids? Adults? Casual gamers? Hardcore gamers? Are there enough of that demographic on the PS3? Something just tells me that this game will not do well.

First week sales 100k

Life time 300k

Is 300k a flop for this game?

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network

We getting this thread every week...

with all the hype plus probably pretty good reviews this should get to around 1 mil

lol someone with a gamertag in the sig and LO avatar saying lbp will be a flop telling people to take fanboy googles off....

LOL MATURE said:
lol someone with a gamertag in the sig and LO avatar saying lbp will be a flop telling people to take fanboy googles off....

I know you didn't just go there... are you two going to slap eachother like girls untill the winner of second place is announced?  I think LBP will flop... not in numbers, but next to it's hype it'll look like fable 1... only not sell as well.

Around the Network
Cueil said:
LOL MATURE said:

I know you didn't just go there... are you two going to slap eachother like girls untill the winner of second place is announced?  I think LBP will flop... not in numbers, but next to it's hype it'll look like fable 1... only not sell as well.

if you don't see the irony in everything in the OP you are a sorry individual.

I really can't see this game flop... I don't think it will do as well as some predict...

To me, it is the PS3's Viva Pinata... Probably a great game but a lot of people won't get it...

LOL MATURE said:
Cueil said:
LOL MATURE said:

I see it, but you shouldn't bring it up... There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy, but you shouldn't make fun of another fanboy's fanboiness(word?) when you are a fanboy yourself... leave that stuff to the guys who are not in favor of one console or the other.

300k would be a flop for that game but I don't think it will sell that little. I'm guessing just shy of a million within the first year which isn't really a flop.

Cueil said:
LOL MATURE said:
Cueil said:
LOL MATURE said:

I see it, but you shouldn't bring it up... There is nothing wrong with being a fanboy, but you shouldn't make fun of another fanboy's fanboiness(word?) when you are a fanboy yourself... leave that stuff to the guys who are not in favor of one console or the other.

stop trying to defend your fellow fanboy. it aint working.