By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda in Space

After Miyamoto talked about the New Zelda a few days ago, I started thinking. What if the series went to orbit? What if Gorons and Zoras had their own planets? What if Link had a spaceship called "Epona-EX"?

How would you feel if there was a Zelda in Space?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

they should call it....Zelda X

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

I was thinking more of Zelda in teh future...

I would much rather a Steampunk zelda, or them just sticking with the Medieval setting. Or maybe even a futuristic one that takes place on one planet. Space just doesn't sound good in my Zelda games, and if I wanted to play a game from the same genre with similar elements, with the space setting Metroid is it. ;)

They could do that, it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. They could definitely do worse. I really have no clue what direction I want to see them take in a new Zelda.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

PSN ID: smj1860

Around the Network

@ LuStaysTru: Haha, Zelda X, reminds me of a pretty cool Zelda website at the time. I wonder if the webmaster really got out of drugs though... >_>

Oh yeah! On topic, hmmm, it would be very interesting if everything makes sense, kind of like in Mass Effect with the various races and stuff.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

sc94597 said:
I would much rather a Steampunk zelda, or them just sticking with the Medieval setting. Or maybe even a futuristic one that takes place on one planet. Space just doesn't sound good in my Zelda games, and if I wanted to play a game from the same genre with similar elements, with the space setting Metroid is it. ;)

Thinking about it now, I think a new Zelda would be too much like Metroid if it went into space.

Pixel Art can be fun.

They already made it, it's called the Metroid Prime series. :P

No no no and oh god no!

Keep the series in its fantasy Medieval setting please! Dont care how much they change up the formula of the game just keep the swords and castles well anything Medieval.

Oh and NO steampunk! Last thing we need is any relation to FF >_>

There's a lot more to changing the game than just changing the setting. I think Zelda needs to stay where it is, but if they can change the actual gameplay for the better, I'm all for it. It's in your hands Miyamoto.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception