By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It doesn't seem like much, but Dead Rising Wii is improving.

There are a bunch of new screencaps posted in our news section.

The thing I noticed was that the textures may not be detailed, but they are clear, instead of muddy and blurry like the last batch of images (video and pictures).

The number of zombies has increased.

There was barely any lighting at all before, and now the first hints of the lighting engine are showing up.

In short, the development team isn't just letting the game look the way it did. They are improving it inch by inch (like HVS for the Conduit), and these new screens show they are making progress.

It's not a guarantee the game will look good on release, but it's a sign they aren't just slapping the game together. They're working constantly to improve it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I need to ask this, why do you guys care about graphics?Since when did you guys care about graphics?

mM

We don't. We just want our games to look like they actually use the hardware underneath and not like Pong.

leo-j said:
I need to ask this, why do you guys care about graphics?Since when did you guys care about graphics?

Not caring about the highest processing power is not the same as not caring about having good graphics at all, and you know it. I've reported this post for trolling, since it's clearly to derail this thread into an argument about his BS point.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

leo-j said:

Not needing the highest processing power!=not needing good-looking games and you know it.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

i agree, it really doesnt seem like much, but each time we get a new batch of screen shots it looks like it improves

LordTheNightKnight said:
leo-j said:

Not caring about the highest processing power is not the same as not caring about having good graphics at all, and you know it. I've reported this post for trolling, since it's clearly to derail this thread into an argument about his BS point.

Wtf trolling?

Im trying to make a point, its not always about the graphics.

You guys need to focus more on how the game plays, than how it looks.

Dont make the same mistake people did with Lair, and other games that look amazing.

mM
leo-j said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
leo-j said:

Wtf trolling?

Im trying to make a point, its not always about the graphics.

You guys need to focus more on how the game plays, than how it looks.

Dont make the same mistake people did with Lair, and other games that look amazing.

I'm not going to give out any official warnings for this, but hear me.

leo, stop making sweeping generalizations of all Wii fans. A few have already commented on how most people think regarding graphics. They don't expect PC-like graphics but they do expect at least something that would have looked decent on the Xbox, if not better. If you want to stay in the topic, then comment on the pictures themselves, otherwise you may leave. To everyone else, drop the argument with him.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Wow there is some improvement. I want to see more of the Zombie count though, and gameplay aspects that aren't revolving around RE4 gameplay.

Since leo-j's comment about the gameplay is somewhat relevant, I will reply with this:

We already know the game is going to play well, because it's based on proven control scheme. Lair's had an experimental setup, which I believe they patched.

There was also a problem with framerate, which videos would show, which does bring us fully back on topic, because that might be, repeat might be, the very reason the team is improving the graphics incrementally, to ensure that the game runs smoothly each time.