By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DKII needs Nintendo Channel users

Hello all.

The continuing efforts of DKII to compile the weekly charts for Wiiware and Virtual Console for both Americas and PAL regions are an excellent feature of this website.

As it is now though, I am the only one collecting any information for 7 of the 8 regions PAL is split into, and I think there are 3 regions for the Americas too, and DKII is doing all of those.

So this thread is a call for help basically. In PAL regions if there is anyone connected to the internet willing to check the Nintendo Channel weekly for their region (and/or another region) then please reply in this thread, or PM me or DKII.

The regions are split as such:

-UK+Ireland (I will be doing this one)

-France (Michael can do that)

-Germany+Austria+Switzerland

-Belgium+Netherlands+Luxembourg

-Spain

-Sweden+Norway+Finland+Denmark+Portugal+Greece (yes it is a rather odd combination)

-Italy

-Australia+New Zealand

I am willing to do 2 or 3 regions in addition to the UK, and Michael I believe is willing to do an additional, but it would be preferable to get more of you wonderful VGC users.

The job would involve copying 2 numbers from each games page on the Nintendo Channel into a spreadsheet (DKII has made a template) and depending on how much you are willing to do, and which region, might not take very long at all.

For instance the minimum DKII needs on a weekly basis is the data for VC games, Wiiware as well as the Mii channel (which shows how many total users there are) which in the German-etc region is just 22 VC games, 5 Wiiware and the Mii channel.
This would take around 15 minutes to compile

The other regions have even fewer games with info at the moment.... so would only take 5-10 minutes each week.

If you are willing to do the rest of the Wii channels, as well as Wii disc games then it will take longer, for Germany around 45 minutes, Benelux/Spain maybe 30 minutes, and even less for other regions.

Ideally I would like someone to take Germany and Benelux, and either (or both) Spain and Scandanavia.

Perhaps DKII wouldn't mind help for Canada or Mexico as well.

----
Oh and at the moment there is no Japanese data, if anyonw from Japan has can do this then DKII should be able to make Worldwide weekly charts.

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind doing Canada

Edit: I'll do Canada if no one else wants it, because I'm in university and can't guarantee I'll have time a few months down the road.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Somehow I knew somone would offer to do Canada first.

Where are all the Germans and Dutch?

bump.

And I will bump it again in the morning, and again until more people answer.

I can do the GER/AUT/SUI part, but you have to tell me more exactly what has to be done.

I checked these numbers only once on my own Wii (when you created a thread about the first European data) and I didn't really understand them.

Do I just have to switch the country in the setup to see AUT/SUI numbers?

Around the Network
okr said:
I can do the GER/AUT/SUI part, but you have to tell me more exactly what has to be done.

I checked these numbers only once on my own Wii (when you created a thread about the first European data) and I didn't really understand them.

Nope... they are all classed as 1 region.... so whichever of the 3 countries you view from you see the same numbers.

Basically if you ignore the videos and click on the game search button... there is an option to search by categories, and the top option to change is the platform... so you can search for Wii games only, Wiiware only, and seperate VC platforms too.

Once you have performed a search you get a list of games.... say all VC games, when you click on a game you get a bar on the right for navigation, and the clock icon takes you to the info DKII needs.

There are 4 bits of data, but DKII only needs the ones about number of sessions (one is total sessions, the other is sessions per person)

Only a few VC/Wiiware games have info, but I have already been through the whole list for your region, so I can tell you which games to look for... and using the UK list I should be able to tell you which titles are likely to be added next.

RolStoppable said:
I sooo would have wanted to collect the informations for my region, but okr snatched the job away in front of me. What a pity.

There are 5 other regions for you Rol.

One other note -- anyone in PAL can collect data from any PAL region, by changing the country setting on your Wii. Similarly anyone in the Americas can collect data from any Americas region (US for Brazil, for example). One warning tho -- for some reason when switching to/from Australia, you lose any Wii Points you haven't yet spent.

^That only applies if you enter the shop channel though.... and I am happy to keep doing all the shop channel rankings for now as they don't take long. Rolands laze has made me reluctant to ask too much of people all at once. and as the shop channel wants to be done twice a week at specific times it's a bit more awkward than the Nintendo Channel (which can be done anytime from Tuesday to Friday/Saturday when you need it)

TWRoO said:
okr said:

Nope... they are all classed as 1 region.... so whichever of the 3 countries you view from you see the same numbers.

Basically if you ignore the videos and click on the game search button... there is an option to search by categories, and the top option to change is the platform... so you can search for Wii games only, Wiiware only, and seperate VC platforms too.

Once you have performed a search you get a list of games.... say all VC games, when you click on a game you get a bar on the right for navigation, and the clock icon takes you to the info DKII needs.

There are 4 bits of data, but DKII only needs the ones about number of sessions (one is total sessions, the other is sessions per person)

Only a few VC/Wiiware games have info, but I have already been through the whole list for your region, so I can tell you which games to look for... and using the UK list I should be able to tell you which titles are likely to be added next.

So all you two want is how many times a game has been played, and how much it has been played by each person, yes?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."