By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Xbox Console Sales Double After Price Cut

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601204&sid=ajZ_LMK1ZdRg&refer=technology

Microsoft Xbox Console Sales Double After Price Cut (Update1)

By Dina Bass

Sept. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Microsoft Corp. doubled sales of the Xbox 360 video game machine last weekend after cutting the price by as much as 29 percent to narrow Nintendo Co.'s lead.

Retailers reported a 100 percent increase in sales for all models compared with the previous weekend, Redmond, Washington- based Microsoft said in an e-mailed statement. Some models sold at six times the previous weekend's rate. The company didn't say how many were sold.

The Sept. 5 price cut gave Microsoft a model that costs less than Nintendo's market-leading Wii for the first time.

Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3, making inroads with new games and a Blu-ray DVD player, also beat the Xbox 360 in U.S. sales in June and July, according to NPD Group, a Port Washington, New York-based research firm.

Microsoft rose 34 cents to $26.44 at 4 p.m. New York time in Nasdaq Stock Market trading.

Teh interwebz are gonna blow up if NPD does not reflect M$'s statements.  Seems unlikely that sales doubled.

Around the Network

Looks like the price cuts had the desired effect hope it keeps up I large sustained spike will force Sony into a price cut which would be good for me since I own the 360 and will be getting a PS3 soon

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Well sweet. is the source credible?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Already posted
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=41402

Search button is your friend.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=41402

Around the Network

cool that means that it didnt beat ps3 this week. since double was 100k

LOL. I guess that is what I get for only trolling the M$ forums.

good thing they doubled or they would have been dooms day for MS. lets just hope they can keep it going. without MS in the market, i dont think Sony would push as hard for better games etc as they do now!!! without one, there is no other!

Well, may be we want to flood the MS forum with good news for a change, at least to counter all those Too Human reviews threads.

Yeah there are already three threads up on this responded to all of them nice to see some good news for MS. Been a lot of doomed threads and Ps3 will outsell it going forward ones

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks