By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 2007 conference thread

albionus said:
ckmlb said:
I can't understand how anyone thinks Sony didn't win this E3.

Killzone blows people away
MGS 4 blows people away
UT and Haze now on PS3 only this year
Price drop

Game over.

4 great FPS games, great for FPS fanatics. Unfortunately for Sony, most gamers are not FPS fanatics.

I'm not nearly done reading, but this stood out.  MGS is not a FPS.  Did you not see the trailers last year that said "not FPS?"  (Gears of War is not FPS either, it's third person, but MGS isn't even just a "shooter," it's a stealth-action game).

Killzone will be next year, UT3 will be first console game with mods, and Haze is unique.  But hey, this was before first-party stuff so I'll keep reading.

Around the Network

Wait a second, so I should be disappointed that the games that were playable at the MS conference weren't played at the Sony one? Why would I want to see the same games again? If they are coming to PS3 the same day and date, what is the importance of seeing the same games being played?

As for other games, MGS 4 played would have been great but that happens next week.

All the other big PS3 stuff has been shown in playable form before and videos have come out since.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Also saying PS3 only has shooters would be seriously disregarding all the great stuff coming for a multitude of other genres. Do I really need to list them again?

Sony was weak in the FPS front compared to 360 before this E3, now they are closer to their level.

It just so happens that the big new surprises from Sony this E3 were concerning FPS games. All the other non fps stuff from Sony was already known and is looking great.

With the exception of Infamous the sand box game which was just announced from Sucker Punch and it isn't an FPS either.

If you are trying to say the PS3 is an FPS only console you are ignoring a shitload of games and facts.

Kwaad said:
BenKenobi88 said:
leo-j said:
gEARS OF WAR DOENST COMPARE TO KILLZONE.

Actually, it does.

Maybe in gameplay. But graphically, everything looks just as good, or better, yet it has 200x the enviromental effects. I dont know if you looked at the SKY. But the clouds churned, lightning streaked across the sky lighting the entire level. HOLY CRAP!

I'm sorry, but from which bodily orifice did you pull that number out of? 

If you are trying to say the PS3 is an FPS only console you are ignoring a shitload of games and facts.

==> people are never happy ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Also saying PS3 only has shooters would be seriously disregarding all the great stuff coming for a multitude of other genres. Do I really need to list them again?

Sony was weak in the FPS front compared to 360 before this E3, now they are closer to their level.

It just so happens that the big new surprises from Sony this E3 were concerning FPS games. All the other non fps stuff from Sony was already known and is looking great.

With the exception of Infamous the sand box game which was just announced from Sucker Punch and it isn't an FPS either.

Indeed.  I few the FPS-heavy news with being a strong counter to M$.  As far as non-FPS...I'll try a short list...

MGS4, LittleBigPlanet, EchoChrome, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Pain, Assassin's Creed,  Heavenly Sword, Lair (not mentioned but out next month), Singstar, Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3 (not mentioned by M$, heh), Stardust HD (mentioned, newly released, heh), Infamous, EverydayShooter (another PSN game I believe...trailer downloadable from PSN and other places I'm sure), Folklore, Warhawk, and FF13 that will be shown at TGS I'm sure.

I view CoD4, Haze, Killzone, and UT3 as great additions to the above lineup.

Dare I say that Sony's FPS list is better than M$'s this fall and winter?  Both systems get CoD4,  Orange Box (TF2, Portal, HL2 EP. 1 and 2, HL2), MoH: Airborne.  PS3 gets Haze, UT3, and Killzone in that timeframe.  360 gets Halo 3 and Bioshock (summer too then, just to include it).

Not a bad counter.  Can't wait for the UT3 mods.  I'm not even a big UT fan but I'm going to rent at least to try those out.

Interestingly, Quake Wars was not shown so far by anybody.  Guess that might be next year.

Oh, and Wii has MP3, which is also an adventure game I assume... 

After E3 I have to say this is the new order of beautiful console graphics

Killzone 2 > Infamous > Unreal Tournament 3 > Gears of War > Haze > Warhawk > Halo 3 > Uncharted

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

More E3:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4203

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The game that fell short for me was Haze, it didn't stack up well against all the other crazy shooters that are coming this year.

Ill stick with my ps2 for a while, the ps3 cost way to much, Ill wait for a price drop

User was warned for this post.

yo_john117

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto