By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 2007 conference thread

Yea Kwaad but I still like seeing how games will actually be played rather than all these "in-game-engine" trailers which don't really do a lot to tell you what the gameplay is like. You're right about AC being glitchy but the gameplay that was shown actually got me more interested in the game, that's just me tho.

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
DKII said:
C'mon ckmlb you can't honestly be telling me you're not the least disappointed that they didn't show anybody actually playing any games at their conference? MS played CoD4, Madden 08, AC which are all multiplats but still something. Nintendo played Zelda DS, MP3, and WiiFit. Sony - just a bunch of trailers.

I'm not saying it was bad but it definitely could've been a lot better. Not the least of the problems was the stupid 4-screen tiny presentation format.

I myself am not dissapointed. Pre-played replays tend to look alot better. Like if you watched the AC video for the 360 it had some MAJOR flaws. Simple, beta build flaws, that will be fixed before release. It made the game look bad, and turned me off from it. If it had been pre-recorded like the sony ones, it would have looked alot better.

I dont care about playability untill it is complete. It's nice to see video's of it in action. But that's all I care about. Not if someone is playing it real time or not. All that shows is the games 'completion'. And that is obvious from the release dates.

Yeah, the biggest letdown is not getting to watch/listen to Jade giggle and try to add-hoc a play by play of AC. :p

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

BenKenobi88 said:
Celb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Celb said:
funny no wii fanboys baned for their bs yet.

yet one contrevesial yet TRUE post from me in the nintendo thread and bam your ass is out.

I don't think my godly mod powers allow me to "bane" anybody.

Don't take this personally Celb...but why do trolls like to say "funny" in almost every single post? It bugs the crap outta me.

same reason wii owners get away with alot of crap, its funny just how things be this day and forum.

You'd be surprised what I let a lot of PS3 fanboys get away with...you probably just don't realize it because you agree with them.

If you were a Nintendo fanboy, you'd get mad at every "kiddy" "Nintendo's too casual" "crappy graphics" remark...that doesn't mean I ban you guys for it.

Well maybe, but wiiss graphics are less then the comp and Nintendos games are mostly rated E.  If they get mad they should be mad at nintendo.  

Haze sounds pretty neat, instead of just blindly following orders you get the chance to revolt and join the other side during the game if you don't like what's going on. :)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803222p1.html

DKII said:
C'mon ckmlb you can't honestly be telling me you're not the least disappointed that they didn't show anybody actually playing any games at their conference? MS played CoD4, Madden 08, AC which are all multiplats but still something. Nintendo played Zelda DS, MP3, and WiiFit. Sony - just a bunch of trailers.

I'm not saying it was bad but it definitely could've been a lot better. Not the least of the problems was the stupid 4-screen tiny presentation format.

most games are playable on the show room floor.

Around the Network
DKII said:

Well, isn't that why we have media sources such as G4, IGN, 1UP, and Kotaku there to play the games directly after the conference and report on them? 

I thought it was good in that they needed to have a lot of games, so they showed a lot of games that are on their way. I am also excited for home with the changes and a look at how developers can make their own spaces in Home and I am also happy that they finially showed the 'party' system in Home with how a group of people can all join a game at once and play together. 

Andir said:
Kwaad said:
DKII said:

I myself am not dissapointed. Pre-played replays tend to look alot better. Like if you watched the AC video for the 360 it had some MAJOR flaws. Simple, beta build flaws, that will be fixed before release. It made the game look bad, and turned me off from it. If it had been pre-recorded like the sony ones, it would have looked alot better.

I dont care about playability untill it is complete. It's nice to see video's of it in action. But that's all I care about. Not if someone is playing it real time or not. All that shows is the games 'completion'. And that is obvious from the release dates.

Yeah, the biggest letdown is not getting to watch/listen to Jade giggle and try to add-hoc a play by play of AC. :p

IllegalPaladin just nailed my point.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

DKII said:
Haze sounds pretty neat, instead of just blindly following orders you get the chance to revolt and join the other side during the game if you don't like what's going on. :)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803222p1.html

I don't know about Haze. They need to work on the polish and performance issues (unless that was just from streaming and stuff like that) because it looked to be kind of choppy in some of the gameplay shots. 

I've never really been able to notice frame rate issues before so that wouldn't really bother me. 'Course I don't notice most graphical defects unless they're really obviously bad like that Nights trailer hehe.

By the way I think of everyone Sony probably needed the least to show new games for '08 since they already had so many games announced (or slipped) for 2008 anyway. Look at Nintendo, what do we know about their '08 lineup now, just Mario Kart Q1. MS we get a small handful of games but nothing huge outside *maybe* Halo Wars. Sony we have a few definite blockbusters in MGS4, KZ2, FF13, etc. If they can survive 2007 they could make up a lot of ground in 2008, at least on the 360 if not the Wii.