By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ex-GameStop employee speaks out - questionable GameStop policies revealed

An anonymous former employee of GameStop recently posted a video series about GameStop's policies and why doing business with them is probably not such a great idea, to put it lightly. Watch and be informed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhistleBlowerZero

Also, apologies if this was already posted about here.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

Some of the things in there just aren't reflective of the whole chain.

Every GS I've ever been to, has a system testing unit. When I bought my used PS2 they gladly plugged it in in front of me.

Despite all the crap that those men and women have to put up with there, they always treat me very nicely.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Interesting that you responded to the content of this video series only 2 minutes after I posted a link to it. Did you see it before this, then? Not that it'd surprise me, of course; it's been circulating like wildfire for the last two days.

I watched all of this straight last night. Very very eye-opening and very very hilarious.

I'm going to avoid gamestop as much as I can now. It's just ridiculous... that and I've heard all this good stuff about the local Funcoland it replaced (was before I could drive so I never really went there).

And on top of that, I just dont like big corporations, period.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Sky Render said:
Interesting that you responded to the content of this video series only 2 minutes after I posted a link to it. Did you see it before this, then? Not that it'd surprise me, of course; it's been circulating like wildfire for the last two days.

It's old news, but I don't remember seeing it on VGChartz, so I commented.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

lol finally someone did this!!!

i was told when i quit from gamestop i wasnt allowed to talk about the behind the scene business but this guy said everything i would of wanted too :]

Well, games are cheaper on Amazon.com anyways, and they sometimes have great deals. I don't know why I'd ever shop anywhere else (unless it was for used or old games).

chenguo4 said:

I watched all of this straight last night. Very very eye-opening and very very hilarious.

I'm going to avoid gamestop as much as I can now. It's just ridiculous... that and I've heard all this good stuff about the local Funcoland it replaced (was before I could drive so I never really went there).

And on top of that, I just dont like big corporations, period.

i remember funcoland....but it was 100x worst than gamestop. i dont know who in their right mind would praise funcoland o.O

Ah. I figured that was the case, steven787. And I too haven't had personally bad experiences with GameStop employees at large (probably because I'm about the closest you can get to a human bear in terms of sheer size and intimidation factor as a result), but the main issue is not the employees. It's the company that's employing them that's at the heart of the video series.

@wfz exactly
i only go to gamestop for used games and accesories