By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will The Force Unleashed be best on Wii?

I'll have access to both the 360 and Wii versions. So I'll get a taste for both.

Oh, and the 75 was based off of Nintendo Power's review. Take from it what you will. (They gave Okami a 7.5 as well)

Around the Network
leo-j said:
bardicverse said:
leo-j said:
bardicverse said:
leo-j said:
I dont think so, what would make the wii version better?

Motion controls, duh ;) You know, the thing that makes the Wii popular? =P

I thought it was the price that made the wii so popular? lol jk

Im saying that it really doesnt make it a better pick, when the ps360 games use the euphoria engine wii version does not, and the visuals as well.

Not saying its not superior as a game, I havent played it, Im just saying just because it has motion controls doesnt make it better(ps3 version has motion controls that suck in the game BTW)

LOL Im not sure the frenzy shopper mentality applies to consoles. All the old ladies at Cosco go out and buy 8 billion cans of chicken broth because they were on sale for cheap. =) Dunno if people decide they want a console suddenly because theyr'e cheap, and that term is used loosely. N64s and PS1s were much cheaper, and people didnt flock out to get them =) I know you're just joking of course. =)

I think that what it comes down to is the gameplay. How immersive is the experience on HD vs non HD versions and vice-versa. For me, HD gaming isn't there for me yet, because I'm still using my 32 inch tv from 1992 LOL. I roll retro, son! haha ;)

Yea I agree.

Rawk \m/

Im still getting the Atari 7200 version tho. =D

Cougarman said:
leo-j said:

nothing much really just some useless feature were you use the wii as a light sabre, oh and a dual mode

NO WAY!! You pick up the Wii and use it as a lightsaber?  Man, I can only imagine the amount of ruined TVs and returned consoles after this game comes out.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I do not believe so. The main focus for TFU is Euphoria and DMM engines for realistic physics. The Wii version will sell but it will be surpassed by its HD counterparts.

halogamer1989 said:
I do not believe so. The main focus for TFU is Euphoria and DMM engines for realistic physics. The Wii version will sell but it will be surpassed by its HD counterparts.

Thing is, all they are are engines to make things break apart/move relatively realistically.... People don't buy games for that.

Around the Network

The main focus of TFU is making a fun game... Euphoria and DMM engines are just a means to an end, as are motion controls. Many people get off on a piece of hardware's ability to run physics algorithms and other people get off on the fact that the Wii remote could be an immersive tool with which to interact with the onscreen action.

My point: It all comes down to personal preference.

And I'll take motion controls.

I don't think motion control aspects are going to make the Wii version "better" than its counterparts. Although the Wii version is not merely a watered-down port, I doubt its been built from the ground up for the Wii either -- and I think that's required for any Wii game to truly shine.

It'll be a different game, for certain. "Better", than its HD brethren, might be asking too much.

I think it will, everybody wants to use their Wiimote ass a lightsaber! But a lot of the people are going to focus on dual mode. So that better be good...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

jedson328 said:
Cougarman said:
leo-j said:

nothing much really just some useless feature were you use the wii as a light sabre, oh and a dual mode

NO WAY!! You pick up the Wii and use it as a lightsaber?  Man, I can only imagine the amount of ruined TVs and returned consoles after this game comes out.

errr..ever heard of wii wrist strap?

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
c03n3nj0 said:
I think it will, everybody wants to use their Wiimote ass a lightsaber! But a lot of the people are going to focus on dual mode. So that better be good...

that is without a doubt the best typo ever, i wish if i was the one who wrote that, all my typos are lame llol

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434