By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Street Fighter 4 missing something important?

I love SF games, but every SF spin off was missing one very important thing that made SF2 so memorable- The bonus rounds.

There used to be 3 bonus rounds in SF2 that you would come across as you play through the game:

1) Demolishing a brick wall

2) Destroying falling barrels

3) Demolishing a car

Although simple and easy (depending on what character you used), they were great fun and became part of what made SF2 so great. It is a shame that no other SF game has had these since. I just hope SF4 has these bonus features that have been missing since the good SF2 days.

Around the Network

Yeah its missing more female characters. Even with the confirmation of Cammy for the home versions that gives SF4 a grand total of three female characters (Cammy, Chun-Li, C. Viper) out the roster of 20.

there's no reason they should just throw away the SFIII cast like that. That's what it's missing. WTF was Capcom thinking?

Its missing SF3 characters. SF3 being the best sf and all I was expecting the likes of Urien, Remi and Alex to return.

^^ true, they are also missing the fact that every character had their own stage which somehow went missing with the other SF games.

it would be nice if you could have a SF mission mode like MK and SC. That would be awesome.

Around the Network

I wanted Gill and ingrid, but mostly Ingrid. She's my favorite SF girl.

Ehm... SF3 had bonus rounds.. The Car and a basketball game.. but the home console version of SF4 MAY get the bonus rounds:

"Ono revealed that the home versions of Street Fighter IV may see the return of bonus levels, the kind that led to much car and barrel destruction in SFII. As for the arcade version, Ono says don't count on it. He chalks it up to capitalism, noting that due to the high cost of the SFIV arcade set up, time spent kicking steel drums or smashing in headlights is money out of arcade operators' pockets."

http://kotaku.com/5012551/new-details-on-street-fighter-ivs-home-versions

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Fei-Hung said:

I love SF games, but every SF spin off was missing one very important thing that made SF2 so memorable- The bonus rounds.

There used to be 3 bonus rounds in SF2 that you would come across as you play through the game:

1) Demolishing a brick wall

2) Destroying falling barrels

3) Demolishing a car

Although simple and easy (depending on what character you used), they were great fun and became part of what made SF2 so great. It is a shame that no other SF game has had these since. I just hope SF4 has these bonus features that have been missing since the good SF2 days.

Yeah i remember those bonus rounds that was really fun.

Its missing Nintendo Wii

Sick of SackBoy threads

pika said:

Its missing Nintendo Wii

Wii fans wouldn't play it. You would actually have to practice and have skill, something Wii fans would not like. They only want it so it would be a 3rd-party game for the Wii.