By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Oh shit... I did a lot of money...

^why so negative like always?

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
nice nice.... is that even legal? I doubt it is though cause you basically stole $1000 dollars from these people making them think they had a fair chance at getting the console...

its legal

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

twesterm said:
Cobretti2 said:
1) personal raffle are illegal here. if you get caught your screwed.

2) $10 a ticket is a ripp off. Especially when it is a Wii to win. There are official raffle here lilke this where there is $100 tickets 200 of them max, But you win a $150,000 car.

your $10 for a $300 wii is a rip off. It should be like $2bux a ticket. I can't beleive peopel are stupid enough to buy ay your rates.

Good luck to you if they are.

That would be silly because then he couldn't make money!

Well yer, unless he sells more tickets. THat way more people would be willing to buy and he could make more money that way. I know alot of people who would rather waste $2 and have a 500:1 chance winning then a 50:1 chance for $20 spent.

I've paid that much for raffle tickets for less valuable prizes. That said, they were fund raisers for charities...

The idea of $100 tickets 200 of them max, But you win a $150,000 car must be a scam. That only ads up to $20,000. You probably either mean 2,000 tickets or a $15,000 car.

I call BS on this thread, nobody is going to give you $20 for some raffle tickets for a raffle you are running if they know those odds...

Or even trust you.

Around the Network
jlauro said:
I've paid that much for raffle tickets for less valuable prizes. That said, they were fund raisers for charities...

The idea of $100 tickets 200 of them max, But you win a $150,000 car must be a scam. That only ads up to $20,000. You probably either mean 2,000 tickets or a $15,000 car.

yer sorry a typo. it was 2000 tickets.

jlauro said:

Ya I've thrown down $30 in a raffle for probably a $300 TV...that was also for charity though.  If it's just a friend doing it, no way in hell.  Even if he's my best friend ever, I don't think I'd just hand him $20, knowing that I have a 2% chance of getting a $230 net, 98% chance of -$20, and my friend has a 100% chance of a $750 net.

It's cool that you got that money...I sure would do that too if I thought I could.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

$10/ticket with minimum buy of two tickets?  I am also surprised you sold them all.  $6/ticket, though, that will probably work in most places.

As for the person who quoted that article: that's in California. Who knows about Texas!

@ the thread title:  I'm not sure that "doing" money is legal.  I wouldn't want to be the one you spend it on, anyway. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!