By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Movie!

I want it to be Blu-Ray Exclusive no DVD sale. :D

Around the Network

Btw Gilgamesh love your sig man lol.

Bloo! said:
Are you sure it's real? There's a bunch of crappy fan made stuff on Youtube about it.

The movie? It's absolutely real, Kojima himself confirmed it (and luckily he also confirmed that Uwe Boll would not be directing it). Who will Snake be, though, it's all speculation

Christian Bale FTW

...oh and Hugh Jackman would be ok I guess :P

...oh and yeah I sorta feel bad for David Hayter :(

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

You guys are out of your depth.

If true, Bale is the best pick to play the part, but suggesting David Hayter? Yeah, and we can get Fabio to play Thor. Jesus Christ.

Kurt Wimmer is set to direct this. He directed the godaweful Ultraviolet recently, but he also directed a great movie starring Bale called Equilibrium. I'm sure it's too much to ask if anyone here has actually seen the movie(or any movie apparently), since most of you can't even spell the word "Christian," but I've learned to lower my expectations.

Your MGS movie, that you laughably think you are qualified to comment on, had no validity, and was destined to suck bigtime. However, Bale adds some much needed credibility to the project and his last work with the director was quite good, though it was much less mainstream as all of you know, having never seen anything that wasn't mainstream and most stuff that is.

In a time when the only cure to ignorance, is having a 3rd party lay out a short and easy to read essay explaining everything you need to know, I dunno what I expected, but for god sake, I at least hoped a few of you would know enough to realize that Bale playing Snake is the best possible thing that could happen to this project.

I would recommend several films to prove it to you, but those don't come in summary clips, so I'm sure you wouldn't have the attention span to actually watch one of them. I'll just say, fyi, Bale didn't get famous because of Batman, unless you don't even have a passing knowledge of the film industry.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/christian_bale/

Trust me when I tell you that anyone in the industry would find it laughable that anyone would be upset that Bale joined their project.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

You guys are out of your depth.

If true, Bale is the best pick to play the part, but suggesting David Hayter? Yeah, and we can get Fabio to play Thor. Jesus Christ.

Kurt Wimmer is set to direct this. He directed the godaweful Ultraviolet recently, but he also directed a great movie starring Bale called Equilibrium. I'm sure it's too much to ask if anyone here has actually seen the movie(or any movie apparently), since most of you can't even spell the word "Christian," but I've learned to lower my expectations.

Your MGS movie, that you laughably think you are qualified to comment on, had no validity, and was destined to suck bigtime. However, Bale adds some much needed credibility to the project and his last work with the director was quite good, though it was much less mainstream as all of you know, having never seen anything that wasn't mainstream and most stuff that is.

In a time when the only cure to ignorance, is having a 3rd party lay out a short and easy to read essay explaining everything you need to know, I dunno what I expected, but for god sake, I at least hoped a few of you would know enough to realize that Bale playing Snake is the best possible thing that could happen to this project.

I would recommend several films to prove it to you, but those don't come in summary clips, so I'm sure you wouldn't have the attention span to actually watch one of them. I'll just say, fyi, Bale didn't get famous because of Batman, unless you don't even have a passing knowledge of the film industry.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/christian_bale/

That was douche-tastic.

But mostly true.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Should be someone older.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

lol, so they're cutting out the middle man of the video game console.

I don't believe it yet

JOKA_ said:

Christian Bale FTW

...oh and Hugh Jackman would be ok I guess :P

...oh and yeah I sorta feel bad for David Hayter :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But he's the emboddiment of Solid Snake. :C

Well.. other than Kurt Russel of course. :S