By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm tempted to leave the site.

ssj12 said:
gebx said:
DKII said:

If you have a problem with people's posts or duplicate topics or whatever, then report them. I'm sick of hearing everyone in here bitching when they won't do anything about it.

Maybe its because the reports go unanswered... serioulsy I don't think any of my reports have ever been acted upon or even aknowledged.

thats not true, back when I was a mod I banned 2 people and warned more then 15 people in the cases revolving around your reports.

oahhh... and I thought you hated me... :)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
ssj12 said:
JaggedSac said:

Strategyking92 said:
ssj12 said:
Strategyking92 said:
well, maybe PC gamers shouldn't lie *shio* *cough*

he actualy doesnt, he is jsut insanely blunt.

well, it annoys the hell out of me :P I can picture him talking in a smart-ass tone if you know what I mean.

Like "blah blah, blah, I'm right, your stupid, pc gaming is god lololololololol"

I remember him stating that CoD4 was much more successful on pc, I provide a link with the head of Infinity Ward saying the 360 version was the most successful(only 2 months old), yet he still tried to save face.

thats the problem, it was old data. COD4 ahoud have easily past the 360 version. PC gaming isnt about the beginning influx of buyers like console games. It isnt about first week sales. It is overall sales. A PC game can still be for sale on shelves or digitally for over 20 years. Each sale is a sale. Console games dont really have that luxury. VC/PSN/XBL is starting to bring back classic games but not in the massive volume that PC has and always will have. PCs 30 years from now will still be able to run classic games like Wolf 3D, Commandor Keen, etc.

I see--so Infinity Ward would find the PC version more successful if it sold seven million in 10 years to the 360's six million in five...

yesn they would because the PC version made a profit in half the time the console versions did anyways (lack of advertising needs, little to no company having to be paid). Every extra copy sold is basically pure profit, even on steam with Valve taking a dollar or so from the profit Activision is gaining more money since they do not have to pay Sony/Microsoft 5% of the sale from retail console copies.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

blazinhead89 said:
I personally love PC. Its just the price that it costs to keep it updated to run the latest games, is rediculous, esp here in Ireland

That. And most of the games I want come to consoles....

4 ≈ One

BenKenobi88 said:
I'll be staying...

HAZAAR!!!!

4 ≈ One

JaggedSac said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Well I happen to hate PC elitists. Maybe you're not one of them, but they're some of the biggest scourges of any and every gaming site, including this one.

I don't think Kenobi is one of those.  He seems to have a rather large bias towards the pc but doesn't put people down about their choices.

EDIT: And I think Steam gives him a boner.

LMAO

Around the Network
shio said:
JaggedSac said:

Current Players Peak Today Game
52,006 80,635 Counter-Strike: Source
42,659 66,753 Counter-Strike
16,409 20,357 Team Fortress 2
6,628 12,248 Condition Zero
4,870 5,741 Garry's Mod
4,615 7,067 Day of Defeat: Source
2,168 2,878 Half-Life 2
1,785 2,794 Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
1,683 2,362 Day of Defeat
971 1,132 Portal
844 1,105 Half-Life 2: Episode Two
834 1,399 TrackMania Nations Forever
764 928 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Not 8000, 800.

That's only through Steam, so it's not a decent indicative (though COD4's numbers there are lower than I thought). XFire is a better way to see the game's popularity:

COD4 - #2 in the Total Rank
XFire user playing per day: 146k
Minutes played per day: 16 millions

And that is only from XFire users, because the vast majority that plays COD4 probably don't even use XFire.

No other game has as much XFire users playing every day than COD4. Take World of Warcraft for example, it has around 11 millions active players and only around 90k of them use XFire:

World of Warcraft - #2 in the Total Rank
XFire user playing per day: 90k
Minutes played per day: 20 millions

Of course MMO players usually don't care as much about XFire, and many of them are asians, which care even less so it's not really an accurate proportion. As for other FPS games, COD2 has 80k XFirers playing every day, CS: Source only has 35k, and the rest 20k or below. But I do know an FPS that we can compare with COD4, which is Quake Wars:

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars - #117 in the Total Rank
XFire user playing per day: 784
Minutes played per day: 76k

A far cry from COD4, but we can accurately see how low the percentage of XFire users are there. In the official site of Quake Wars, they show the amount of people that played today and how many registered an account (stats.enemyterritory.com):

Players Today: 9,169
Total Players: 347,189

So XFire users are only 8.6% of total players in Quake Wars.... If we extrapolate that percentage to the 146k XFirers from COD4 we get 1.7 millions people still enjoying COD4 every day.... and if we try to get a rough estimate of total accounts made for COD4 by using QW's data:

9,169  -  1.7 millions
347k   -  COD4_Total_Accounts

COD4_Total_Accounts = 64 millions!!!!!

Remove the secondary accounts that many people create, and eliminate teh pirates, and let's say we get around 10-15 millions copies of PC COD4 sold!!!

PS: My post might be full of crap, but atleast I tried.

LOL.  The numbers I posted were how many were playing at that point in time, so I am sure that the number of CoD4 players on Steam for a given day is rather much larger than 800.  146k is a decent number though for a whole day.  Not sure how much I like your extrapolations there though.  Infinity Ward did say they had a rather large piracy problem with the game though so that has to come into play.   Does Inifinity Ward not provide any totals on a website or anything?

PC gaming is great, but I mainly do RTS games. AoE2 while listening to Tool or Tom Petty is great. I just haven't gotten into any of the games lately(that and my laptop overheats when playing anything that looks worth a crap).

My first post

"From here on in, it's PC's all the way! 8800x models + 9600-9800's and Hd2900+ all the way to 3870x2 are more powerful than all consoles all the time. :) Price range - 160-400 are all ahead now. Then we have the 55nm g92 refresh to go under the Gt200 on the Nvida side, and the R700 series to go on the AMD side. That's just by the end of this year. Next year we'll have a 45 nm R700+ the gt200 refreshes to 45nm as well. Hardest choice now is when to upgrade my PC!

On the CPU side we have Nehalem coming to rule that roost.

We got games coming out of our ears. So yep, it's good to own a gaming pc right now. I think I can finally drop the Xbox/PS to exclusive AAA game duty and concentrate on the pc. I want to play crysis! I haven't played it yet because i've been waiting for the new cards to drop.

No offense to console gamers, but if you want to spend the money... P.C is where it's at."

COD developer on piracy

"We pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer (which was fantastic)," writes Robert Bowling, on the game's community blog. "What wasn't fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game."

"The amount of people who pirate PC games is astounding," he added. "It blows me away that people are willing to steal games (or anything) simply because it's not physical or it's on the safety of the internet to do." FYI There are currently ~6000 copies of COD IV being downloaded from one torrent site. (www.mininova.com) There are likely more torrents being downloaded at present than copies of the game being bought in stores for consoles, perhaps even more copies pirated than games sold.

Its funny, the area of PC gaming experiencing astronomical growth are the casual type web portal games. These are the kind of games you cannot pirate. EA is offering their game free (Battlefield Heroes) partially to counter the threat of piracy. When you take out the casual type games and you compare apples to apples even with WOW etc pulling in over a billion in revenue per year and compare that to this Holiday season where over 80 million units of software are likely to be sold @ say $50 a pop, the industry will be pulling in 4 Billion in revenue through the PS3/Xbox 360 alone. The revenue just isn't there for PC only developers such as ID, Epic, even Bethesda Softworks are finding great or even greater success on the console platform than the PC.

Tease.

BenKenobi88 said:

Too many console fanboys.

No, I'm not whining, I can handle a ton of people bashing PC gaming, but I don't really understand why I should even bother.

The forums aren't really enjoyable anymore...PC is my favorite platform, and whenever I post about it I get a few good responses and then the thread dies. And if there's some argument about PCs vs. consoles, I try to make legitimate, fair arguments, but nobody really listens.

It's just too negative and ignorant of a place around here now. I've just posted and modded here too much to simply walk out...I'm just ranting I suppose.

shio gets out of hand sometimes, but usually he and most other PC fans have been nothing but accomodating for all your negative attitudes, and they get crap in return.

You should do like I do, and spend several minutes on each one of them making sure they've gotten their hardcore owning for the week.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

the site its so wii pro its not even funny.