By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SOCOM Confrontation Public Beta goes live Friday 1pm Eastern Im siked!!

I love Socom again. Well, the one time I got to play I loved it again lol. There are definitely some issues with servers and what not, but the game feels just like it should.

These maps are huge yet small at the same time. I dont know if that makes sense, lol, but its like your playing the old Socom 2 maps but what used to be 15 feet away seems like its 50 feet away now. I love it.

Around the Network

I found the maps slightly too small, and I would like it if I could fiddle with the controls. I have not always really been a fan of SOCOM, and I do think that it is slightly too slow paced for me, so I was not hugely impressed.

Anyway, what really impressed me was the SIXAXIS controls. They were actually really good!

Guys...HOW IS IT??????

Its f-ing awesome when you actually get a chance to play. It has taken no less than 10 minutes to join a single game, but thats just because its in the beta phase...I hope.

But gameplay wise it feels more like Socom 2 than Socom 3 did.

literally everyone online in my firends list has the beta. i don't know how i didn't get into this!

Around the Network

DLing now....Im euroGOW and I live in 'London' for my new european account (Eurogame.com beta key)

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

its growing on me

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

I might give it another go, or just wait until next week when they have sorted out the loading issues. I think many of my problems with it are because I seem to be dying a lot, and I dont like games where I dont do very well