By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Rate this Gaming/Media PC I specced up for fun! Its complete and its fast!

Squilliam said:

Edit: Funny thing is that with the 4850 its got 3x the graphical power of any console system and its only twice the price of the premium 360.

The price is all in the custom casing and the firmware.... cause it's more expensive to make 15M cases of the same kind than 100.000....

Well no ok, I have no idea either how gaming companies manage to loose money on hardware...development costs factored in??

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
Squilliam said:

Edit: Funny thing is that with the 4850 its got 3x the graphical power of any console system and its only twice the price of the premium 360.

The price is all in the custom casing and the firmware.... cause it's more expensive to make 15M cases of the same kind than 100.000....

Well no ok, I have no idea either how gaming companies manage to loose money on hardware...development costs factored in??

Well they are selling their hardware really cheaply. Thats pretty much it really.... I can pick up a CPU and motherboard for $130 which is slower than whats in either a PS3/Xbox 360. Its only when you pay extra and grab a GPU which is wickedly powerful do you start seeing a good performance/price ratio.

Tease.

9/10

Great speed and you can play almost any game at max settings with that card.

I myself would give it a 7.5/10. It's a nice rig...but I myself would be tempted to spend an extra hundred or two on a quad-core CPU (Even one less than 2.8 Ghz because of the noticeable leap in performance). More expensive, but still relatively cheap in my opinion.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

9/10, extra points given for the price you got it at

i just got a new comp too
processor - 2.66GHz Quad Core Intel
memory - 2x2GB 1066ghz ddr2
Storage - 1TB
vid card - 9800 GTX

pretty happy with it so far, have been able to play all the games on highest possible settings (probably the most demanding have been orange box and call of duty 4, and they both ran like a beaut at top settings)