By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Konami sees little PS3 price cut impact, hints MSG4 on other platforms

BenKenobi88 said:
konnichiwa said:
Sigh it is really hard to discuss on a forum when 90% of them are closed minded wii trolls.

Yeah, because this thread has everything to do with the Wii.

Seriously, man, another "Wii troll" comment and that's it.

Say something that a Wii troll don't like and he will threat you hmm interesting especially when is a mod ^___^.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Sigh it is really hard to discuss on a forum when 90% of them are closed minded wii trolls.

Why is it anytime someone disagrees with you they are a Wii troll?  That's pretty ridiculous.  Personally I don't want to live in a world where my opinion was all that mattered, it would be boring. 

Seriously though, I think the majority agree that without a signifficant sales increase a timed exclusive for MGS4 is pretty likely.  It will be a 6 month delay and you won't hear about it till after PS3 MGS4 so it won't effect their sales, but the game costs too much to make for them to let it fail. 

konnichiwa said:
BenKenobi88 said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah, because this thread has everything to do with the Wii.

Seriously, man, another "Wii troll" comment and that's it.

Say something that a Wii troll don't like and he will threat you hmm interesting especially when is a mod ^___^.

O.O  I've been found out!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

What if I say Wii troll?

Damn, I done gone and said it... (spit)

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Sri Lumpa said:
Konami -> MGS4 = Capcom -> RE4

Looks like Konami didn't learn the lesson from Capcom's mistake with RE4.

Capcom announced RE4 would be ported to PS2 before the GC version came out, thus seriously lowering the potential GC sales (people waiting for the PS2 version rather than buy a GC for it) and lowering the potential PS2 sales because by the time it came out on PS2 it was old news.

I don't remember Capcom making that announcement before they released the GC version.  In fact I bought a GC just to play RE4 because at the time all Capcom was saying was that it was exclusive.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Sri Lumpa said:
Konami -> MGS4 = Capcom -> RE4

Looks like Konami didn't learn the lesson from Capcom's mistake with RE4.

Capcom announced RE4 would be ported to PS2 before the GC version came out, thus seriously lowering the potential GC sales (people waiting for the PS2 version rather than buy a GC for it) and lowering the potential PS2 sales because by the time it came out on PS2 it was old news.

I don't remember Capcom making that announcement before they released the GC version. In fact I bought a GC just to play RE4 because at the time all Capcom was saying was that it was exclusive (Yeah I know I got suckered into buying Nintendo consoles twice.. Once for Goldeneye and the other for RE4.. my bad and never again will I be fooled by them).

Apparently you didn't pay much attention, this is from the Wikipedia article. 

On October 31, 2004, Capcom officially announced that Resident Evil 4 would come to the PlayStation 2 near the end of 2005, citing increased profit, changing market conditions, and increased consumer satisfaction as the key reasons (this, and that Capcom was equally pleased with the sole sales of Resident Evil Outbreak). Resident Evil (remake) and Resident Evil Zero would remain GameCube exclusives. Mr. Mikami did not, in fact, cut off his own head.

Damn I completely missed that announcement, had I known I could have saved myself from buying a gamecube.

Legend11 said:
Damn I completely missed that announcement, had I known I could have saved myself from buying a gamecube.

Hehe yeah.  I didn't have that many GC games, but for the price I paid I enjoyed it.  Considering I paid a lot more for the Xbox and had a lot fewer games I still appreciate my GC for what it gave me.  Honestly SSBM was played enough to easily justify how much I paid for it alone.  I had a lot of PS2 games though and even more GBA games last generation.  This gen is gonna cost me a fortune if I want all 3 again >_<.  Still waiting for more price cuts, till they come the Wii, DS, and PSP are doin pretty well for me.

sexybeast said:
2) Hideo makes the calls

Oh, that's rich. If Konami told Hideo that they needed a 360 version ported, he'd do it unless he doesn't care about keeping his job.

The fact is that Hideo's team probably wouldn't even port it. They might have a satellite team do it for him since he's probably kinda busy making the game right now.

And Hideo has absolutely zero claim over the rights of the MGS intellectual property. Konami can do whatever they please with the game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
sexybeast said:
2) Hideo makes the calls

Oh, that's rich. If Konami told Hideo that they needed a 360 version ported, he'd do it unless he doesn't care about keeping his job.

The fact is that Hideo's team probably wouldn't even port it. They might have a satellite team do it for him since he's probably kinda busy making the game right now.

And Hideo has absolutely zero claim over the rights of the MGS intellectual property. Konami can do whatever they please with the game.

Very true, the developer team is not the team that would handle the code translations to a different system.  Kojima will make the game, that's his job.  After that, it's in Konami's hands and they can do whatever they want with it.