By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Konami sees little PS3 price cut impact, hints MSG4 on other platforms

There will be no news of a 360 version untill 6 months alter its released on PS3! if ever.

They wont say its multi untill after its released on PS3, for the simple fact there is only one version in development now and sony would kill them if they did.

So yahh all can come down.

Around the Network

MGS4 has got to be expensive to make. They've been at it awhile and there is still no official release date. My guess is that they could release the game on the PS3 and if it doesn't sell well, and by well I mean like a million copies, they could release it on the 360 to insure profit. I'm sure if they released it on the 360 within half a year of the initial release the game would still feel new. The longer they wait though, the less they will sell. A simultanious release makes the most sense but they would anger Sony too much.

FishyJoe said:
Plain and simple, it makes economic sense to do multi-platform especially when you are dealing with relatively small user bases. I mean really, is any PS3 owners not going to buy the game if its released on the 360.

You never know. Those Sony Fanboys get really agitated when they lose an exclusive. They start petitions and talk about boycotts!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

HappySqurriel said:
ph4nt said:
Who cares if it gets ported? Just means more people can play the game rather than having to buy a $500 machine to do it.

That's kind-of the point ...

If Metal Gear Solid fans don't have to buy a PS3 to play Metal Gear Solid 4 then less PS3 systems will be sold; if less PS3 systems are sold then less games will be produced for the PS3 and even fewer will be developed to take advantage of any special capabilities of the PS3.

You are correct. This is exactly my thought as well. Now I don't want anyone to miss out on MGS4, including my 360 brothers but this is a system defining game for PS3. It is one of the few games that make it a must buy system. If you take it away, people will just buy the 360 which in the long run will cripple the PS3.

Xiru said:
HappySqurriel said:
ph4nt said:
Who cares if it gets ported? Just means more people can play the game rather than having to buy a $500 machine to do it.

That's kind-of the point ...

If Metal Gear Solid fans don't have to buy a PS3 to play Metal Gear Solid 4 then less PS3 systems will be sold; if less PS3 systems are sold then less games will be produced for the PS3 and even fewer will be developed to take advantage of any special capabilities of the PS3.

You are correct. This is exactly my thought as well. Now I don't want anyone to miss out on MGS4, including my 360 brothers but this is a system defining game for PS3. It is one of the few games that make it a must buy system. If you take it away, people will just buy the 360 which in the long run will cripple the PS3.

That my friend is why Peter Moore is smiling!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

i think this game will be like a few other metal gears released...another version wont come out until 8 months to a year after the ps3 version...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

1) What computer can you get for 500 bucks
2) Hideo makes the calls
3) Coming in 2008 a 7 Disc MGS4 for the 360!

where's john lucas!!! it's one step closer to reality.

the Wii is an epidemic.

The main argument about why MGS4 is not going to be released for 360 is because the game is so huge that it will not fit onto a DVD (although disc switching isnt that hard in my opinion). But if you look from the developer's perspective and see how badly the PS3 is doing in Japan and in US, then 360 becomes a great choice for earning some extra income.

I think I know what Peter Moore's tattoo is going to look like at this E3. I honestly hope that MGS4 is not going to be a multiplatform game because otherwise we will have thousands of PS3 fanboys slashing their wrists and crying in pain.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Lol nice thread for the wii fanboys.