By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! Flat Week!

the PS2 outsold the 360 this week in the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia and Other Europe

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

"zoMgzz Nintendomnation!!!1"

There, I just saved a lot of people from needing to post.

Ajax said:

the PS2 outsold the 360 this week in the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia and Other Europe

And the PS2 does that without having a price cut in over 3 years

atma998 said:
Reasonable said:
360 almost sure to get another price cut before December in Europe I think.

Weekly sales are dropping despite best efforts of MS with games, etc. and with PS3 slowly gaining momentum I think MS will have no choice but to play price card heavily or watch 360 slide ever more rapidly into third place in Others region.

Man, such low PSP numbers. I just don't get it. I have PSP and DS and both are very good in different ways yet PSP just refuses to get traction (of DS level) in Others.

That's because PSP doesn't have any good casual games nor great RPG like DS have.

LOL what?

I really cannot tell why the PSP is not selling better in Others or America even, being easy to pirate, you'd think it would easily sell 100k plus every week. Maybe it's dropping because people are waiting for the PSP 3000?

the PSP's got a great rpg line-up by now actually, and it's getting bigger and bigger; that rpg argument is really nonsense

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

man i cant wait until ps3 gets a price cut in europe the sales will be huge

Hm, the 360 is dropping to pre-price cut levels. The fact that it gave the 360 a boost for so long in Europe of all places was pretty impressive, though. It's been four months since the price cut. Many thought the spike would only last a few weeks.

Ps3 is doing better than last week. A little strange, but fluctuations are to be expected.  Once we get JP and NA sales, the ps3 could be ahead of the 360 by as much as 65k this week. Crazy stuff.

Of course, there's the looming 360 price cut in NA and JP to think about. It's effects in JP will be minimal, as the 360 is already under $200 USD there, if I recall correctly, and less than half the price of the ps3, but it's effects in NA could be substantial, assuming the Arcade takes off a bit. The Pro probably won't sell much better than the 20gb did at $299 a few weeks ago, and the Elite will still be the most expensive SKU, so we'll probably see no change there either.

All in all, things aren't looking that great for the 360 worldwide, outside of potential for the Arcade in NA.

I'm still holding to my prediction that the ps3 will pass up the 360 worldwide in the latter half of 2009. People may look at averages and claim it will take 2-3 years, but the ps3 could shave over a million off of the 360's lead this November and December alone, assuming the ps3 maintains a similar lead over the 360 percentage-wise throughout the holiday season. Sales will increase dramatically for both consoles over the holidays, as will the gap between them.

Last year the 360 sold 3.4 million over the holidays (November + December), and this year it's been selling much better on average than it was last year (though I suppose the increase may have started along with the price drop and release of Halo 3 last August/September, thus it will matter little from this point onwards), and the ps3 has been outselling the 360 on average ~34% for most of the year. Assuming the 360 ONLY sells 3.5 million or so between November and December, and assuming the ps3 outsells it by ONLY 25%, the ps3 would catch up to the 360 by 875k units.  If the 34% trend holds true (and this and last week implies that the trend is only increasing - for now, at least), then the ps3 could outsell the 360 by 1.20 million.  In only two months!

This is HD teh domination.  To think of the price differences between the consoles and to see these sales figures...wow.

Ds and Wii same sales like last couple of weeks, ps3 has 10k boost, psp keeps selling ok and 360 under 50k not good for it.

PS3 beats X360 by over 40k for the week in Europe.