By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gay Gene found. Do you abort?

What is going on here?
Isn`t this VGchartz?
Why is there a thread on both the nature of sexuality and abortion?
Please someone get rid of this thread before people start saying stuff they`ll regreat later on!

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

Well, I guess I can answer now that I won't be influencing posts as the op.

1. Homosexuality is definitely NOT by choice. Hormones determine your sexual preferences and actions. Women and Men do not produce the same amount of the same hormones and homosexual people produce hormones similar to their opposite sex thus giving evidence that it is predetermined that they would be gay. Genes in turn determine what glands of hormones you produce so in reality its only a matter of time before early screening will determine if your unborn child has a high possibility of being gay.

2. Homosexuality is not a horrific thing. There is absolutely no reason why someone should be chastised or even consider 'abortion material' if you knew they would be gay. It would be a much better argument for some major mental/physical deformation that was guaranteed to cause early death or a really horrible quality of life for the child to even consider abortion as a positive solution.

3. Abortion should be an ultimate last resort, not an indiscriminate choice because you didn't take proper precautions. It has also been proven that around the 5th or 6th week the fetus responds to stimuli and has all of the other indications of life, therefore adoption by family or others should be a better consideration at that point. However, this is not advocating the idea of making it illegal, just as a family you should ensure it is not an option unless there is no other.

Well, I think that touched on every big nerve.

EDIT- The question is, are scientists close to finding a gay gene?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
superchunk said:
Well, I guess I can answer now that I won't be influencing posts as the op.

1. Homosexuality is definitely NOT by choice.

I dont know about you, but my arsehole says 'exit' not 'entrance.'

What does that have to do with the bolded? No, I am not gay, but I have known enough people and read enough material on hormones to know that my full description of why it is not a choice is true.

Also, have you never had anal sex with your wife/girlfriend or even wanted to? Humans are very sexually diverse in what they like and what they will try. I have absolutely no desire for anythign to go into my ass, however, that doesn't mean there aren't millions of others who enjoy it.

HappySqurriel said:

I'm not touching the original topic with a 10 foot pole ...

I don't know whether homosexuality is biological or not, but being that people's sexuality is not a binary state and there are degrees of homosexuality and heterosexuality I highly doubt it is the result of one gene.

Yeah me too. It think it will be a group of genes that determine such a state.

Around the Network

Damned how sick can you be to come up with a question like this.

For me,it wouldnt really make a difference. A child is a child, and sexual orientation is just a choice he/she will make in the future, and it would be highly ignorant to end his/her life over such a thing

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

being gay or not isn't based on some gene imo

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wasn't this like proved that there isn't a gay gene. I remember back in HS researching if there's a such thing as a gay gene cuz this girl I thought was hot was gay . To answer ur question, no I don't think I would, but I'm pretty sure I would be influenced to do so. I'm Dominican and my people are very, lack of a better word, close minded when it comes to homosexuals.

Johann said:
What is going on here?
Isn`t this VGchartz?
Why is there a thread on both the nature of sexuality and abortion?
Please someone get rid of this thread before people start saying stuff they`ll regreat later on!

Pure turth, you never know when one of you all will be nominated for Vice-President out of the blue in the future!

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835