By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean IV has the 'only on Xbox 360' label

also Tales have a label

Around the Network

ONLY ON XBOX means exclusive for at least 3 months. I read in some commercial crap included in some of the xbox games

i think it means timed exclusive

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Whats the point in this thread! I can think of quite a few games that have had the the ONLY ON XBOX label that are now on ps3.

Munkeh111 said:
mrstickball said:
Only on Xbox 360..........

If it sells well....

I just think SE want to support both platforms, so this will almost certainly come to the PS3 at some point

Becaues it will almost certainly not sell well, at least as well as it could in Japan.

SO4 will move 360s, no doubt about that, but the Japanese install base difference just doesn't make any sense for any publisher to have it be fully exclusive and not timed.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

Dead Rising is a different game on Wii, Lost Planet IS only on X360 (although Lost Planet: Colonies is not). Can't explain Enchanted ARms away though, I guess.

Guess you havent seen this then.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Review

The PlayStation 3 version of Lost Planet is good, but it's inferior to the Xbox 360 and PC versions that came before it.

The Good

• Intense action from start to finish  
  • Piloting VS mechs is great fun  
  • Large, varied environments  
  • Strong multiplayer community.

The Bad

• Graphically inferior to other versions  
  • No worthwhile added content to make up for delay  
  • Slow controls.

GameSpot Score 7.0 good

How about Nintendo's "Only For" label...

We all know this was only released on the Gamecube.

Another possibility is that it's only on XBOX in NA and EU. Look at Tales of Vesperia's boxarts for example:

Japan

NA

Seems like a safe bet that Vesperia has a good chance for a PS3 port, just only in Japan, and it MIGHT be the same with Star Ocean considering the trailer on the PSP game.

badgenome said:
mrstickball said:
And I think someone could do the exact opposite and show only on Xbox 360 games that never went multiplatform.

Ultimately, it comes down to if the publisher feels sales could be higher by going multi-plat.

At any rate, SO fans will need an Xbox to play Star Ocean...Unless they want to wait 1 to 2 years before playing *maybe* having a chance to play SO4 on PS3.

Oh, they will wait. I just read on this very forum how all the real JRPG fans are waiting to see if PS3 gets any AAA JRPGs before upgrading to a current gen system.

I'm the only real JRPG fan, I dunno who the others that said that are but they lied to you. What?? I have a hudge ego to say i'm the only real something?? umh?

I like RPGs and I was planing on getting a PS3 just because of FF... too expensive, then 360 had nice cheap bundles so bought one (altough I initially thought I would never get one because of price and lack of interest in the games)... and then the FF news made me say goodbye to any possibility that I buy a PS3 and hordendously happy that I did buy my 360 in a cheap ass bundle.

So no with prices dropping I doubt "real JRPG" fans will wait, they'll go for the cheap and early realease and enjoy LO as a bonnus...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

This doesn't mean its anything more than timed - Bioshock was 'Only on Xbox' too for example.

It may be a true exclusive but this doesn't mean it is.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...