By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - REAL Unbiased Console Comparisons

good read grey good read. i agree with everything you say. if ninty turns around and makes the online decent enough to use where you can play via the net against competitors on lets say something like wiisports or wiiplay it will be a hit. but they ahve to let the games allowed to connect to others without using the other person's codes to play vs them. if this happends i see the online being a success. you can still have the friend codes and such but be able to connect via the net vs unknown people helps.

the only problem i have is that on a regular tv the wii actually has the same graphics as the ps3 and 360. ive seen it myself. graphics being ultra realistic can only happen on an HDTV and people are realizing this. also one last thing, ive been doin a little research and figured out that alot of people (mostly sony and M$ fanboys) always say that the wii is so underpowered that the processor doesnt exceed 1ghz. but from everything ive seen and graphics wise id say its closre to 2ghz then anyone realizes. (the GC was really clocked as 655mhz, or around there, times that by 3 and u get 1.9ghz roughly)

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Around the Network

I've had some rough experience with teh online play with Mario Kart. You either had people who used the glitch system to gain an unreasonable advantage, or you had people simply dropping off when they weren't winning.

It's the one basic flaws of online play that I honestly am not completely certain how to address. If you are too restrictive, it's impossible to actually meet anyone at all, but if you're too loose, it's impossible to find anyone worth meeting.

I think the friend codes might be supplemented if they used a combined Name and Friend code system, so that you could give yourself a name, and then the 1st 4 - however many digits of your friend code would be used essentially as a Last Name. Playing online you would be able to identify people by their names, but then the friend code would be added in the cases where people chose the same names.

Or alternately, if you have random games, and you find someone you like to play against, you should be able to say "preferred opponent" so that you first look for that opponent and only go random if you can't find them.

Also, something like a schedule tracker might be nice, instead of a profile about the person themselves, they can put infor about what times they plan to be online for

There are a bunch of problems and they aren't easy to find solutions that don't cause problems of their own.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I think is just me, but you are in favor of the Wii, you are being biased, I could write something like that with almost the same arguments giving a victory to PS3 or Xbox 360. I don't agree, the best console is the one you have, that is why you have it. I have all 3 and right now 360 is better, maybe in the future PS3 will be better but I don't see the wii being the best console... but I see the Wii being the #1 on the war.

Well, do you have any points that you feel I missed? I never made an argument that Wii was graphically or technically superior in anything other than its motion capabilities and mass consumer appeal, and you've just said yourself that you see Wii being #1 in the war.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her