By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 sold out at some stores?

Yeah, it is highly possible the higher PS3 sales will just end up in slightly decreasing 360 sales with no affect on Nintendo Wii.

Just like Gamecube and Xbox last generation used all their energy to fight just each other, leaving the PS2 alone.

Around the Network

Well of course the ps3 is selling great, there offering 5 movies with a remote + resident evil with every purchase. Thats a very good deal, 5@ $20 each thats $100 worth of free movies, thats a very good deal for $499. I might even be tempted if I had $500, and im not that big of a fan of the ps3. Thats a good deal.

URNotE said:
takkxyz said:
Would anyone care to enlighten me if these sales hae something to do with the 5 Blu-Ray movie that came with a PS3 or some other kind of special offer, or are these sales purely on the price drop alone??

its both.. from now until september i think... if you buy a ps3 you get 5 free blu ray movies for free... some places are even throwing in a free blu ray remote and wireless ps3 for free..

Then I forsee increased PS3 sales until at least september, I am not gonna make any conclusion about how much though. Thanks for the heads up, this is probably why it's selling better then some blu-ray player at 350 (or so I've heard, so I can't really make any conclusion from this)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Anyone think it's possible for the PS3 to reach 200k in july? I hope it does...

40k a week?? maybe. Seems a little too high ..... I guessing around 145-175k for month of July

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
40k a week?? maybe. Seems a little too high ..... I guessing around 145-175k for month of July

145-175 would be decent I guess. I kinda want more then that, though.

E=Wat if it sells more than 300k?!! My prediciotns have been known to come true!!(ie killzone)

mM

The PS3 is not sold out here now but it was hard to find one two weeks ago (start of holidays).

Ok, I'm seeing that there are currently 652 in stock at amazon and they are selling below retail for used. Wii on the other hand is completely sold out at amazon and they are selling above retail for used. There may be some uptick in sales, but it will probably be short-lived and is not enough to pull the PS3 into first place (or even second) anytime soon.

Timmah! said:
Ok, I'm seeing that there are currently 652 in stock at amazon and they are selling below retail for used. Wii on the other hand is completely sold out at amazon and they are selling above retail for used. There may be some uptick in sales, but it will probably be short-lived and is not enough to pull the PS3 into first place (or even second) anytime soon.

Look, amazon is also toys r us generally they are gettin the excess stock and selling it, they had 1,000 in stock before the price drop and it droped to around 200 then it rose back up to 1200 and droped to around 150 now its back up at 650, since there are cheaper new ps3's than used, they are buying new ones dont yah think?

mM