Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot reviews Infinite Undiscovery - 6.5

blackstar said:
ecurbj said:
blackstar said:
the thread failed
too human had been hyped and flopped
what's wrong with that?
haze is the same

Well it flopped according to sales-wise and hype-wise, but not to many 360 owners out there. They are still giving the game the benefit of the doubt and renting it and trying it for themselves.

Haze I will be doing the same with. The game failed hard according to sales figures and the stupid review scores. But it won't stop em from enjoying it myself.

sure try the game ur self

i don't know why we care about sales and reviews

finally some agrees with me :D

Yeah...I will let you know as soon as possible..Gamestop is doing a used sale of the week and Haze is the spotlight game. You can get that game used for $35. I will purchase it and give you my insights on the game, next thursday...

Around the Network

I really just enjoy how people believe that Haze was hyped more than Too Human. And how people are not caring that IU, an RPG, is 15-20 hours long. That's like the anti-rpg. Action/Adventure games are supposed to be 15-20 hours, RPGs should be 30-40+ hours.

Of course, I haven't played the game yet, but if it is that short, and with repetitive side missions, I don't see how it could garner much more than a seven.

Garcian Smith said:
Eh; I'll still buy and play it. There's precious few good action-RPGs out these days, and the other reviews for IU have been generally positive.

And besides, when's the last time we trusted Gamespot, of all places, for accurate reviews?

I for one never trusted them, until the day they bashed Blue Dragon...

ecurbj said:
Garcian Smith said:
Eh; I'll still buy and play it. There's precious few good action-RPGs out these days, and the other reviews for IU have been generally positive.

And besides, when's the last time we trusted Gamespot, of all places, for accurate reviews?

What did they give BD?

DMeisterJ said:
ecurbj said:
Agreed..Lair was indeed hyped like crazy...Haze was going to be the "halo-killer" but quickly made a huge 360 degree leap into failure...according to the press.

To be honest I haven't seen to much hype regarding Infinite Undiscovery, maybe it was overshadowed by Tales of Vesperia.

Haze was a Halo Killer?

Are you crazy?

Or, please link me to a post that said that.

ummm...no link is needed..Plenty of people accused Haze being the next Halo-killer. That started way back when the game was in development.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
ecurbj said:
Garcian Smith said:

What did they give BD?

6.0/10

That game didn't deserve no shitty 6...It was a good, first effort JRPG that should of got a 7.5 or 8.

DMeisterJ said:
I really just enjoy how people believe that Haze was hyped more than Too Human. And how people are not caring that IU, an RPG, is 15-20 hours long. That's like the anti-rpg. Action/Adventure games are supposed to be 15-20 hours, RPGs should be 30-40+ hours.

Of course, I haven't played the game yet, but if it is that short, and with repetitive side missions, I don't see how it could garner much more than a seven.

I could care less if the game was long or longer or shorter. I have a hard time beating games. I tend to play them and move on to the next. 15-20 is a lot in my book. And you seem to be the only one that pointed that out.

ecurbj said:
DMeisterJ said:
ecurbj said:
Agreed..Lair was indeed hyped like crazy...Haze was going to be the "halo-killer" but quickly made a huge 360 degree leap into failure...according to the press.

To be honest I haven't seen to much hype regarding Infinite Undiscovery, maybe it was overshadowed by Tales of Vesperia.

Haze was a Halo Killer?

Are you crazy?

ummm...no link is needed..Plenty of people accused Haze being the next Halo-killer. That started way back when the game was in development.

So if no link was neccessary cuz plenty of people said it, you wouldn't mind finding one of the many that said it.  They hype for the game pretty much died upon IGN's preview of the game, and the delay from Winter to march, then to may.  By the time march came around, and no one was talking, they hype was dead before may even hit.

While Too Human, and IU were hyped very much, up until release, then all of a sudden, the games are not hyped.

ecurbj said:
DMeisterJ said:

I could care less if the game was long or longer or shorter. I have a hard time beating games. I tend to play them and move on to the next. 15-20 is a lot in my book. And you seem to be the only one that pointed that out.

Of course you could care less.

You buy games left and right and don't finish them... ^_^

DMeisterJ said:
ecurbj said:
DMeisterJ said:
ecurbj said:

Haze was a Halo Killer?

Are you crazy?

ummm...no link is needed..Plenty of people accused Haze being the next Halo-killer. That started way back when the game was in development.

So if no link was neccessary cuz plenty of people said it, you wouldn't mind finding one of the many that said it. They hype for the game pretty much died upon IGN's preview of the game, and the delay from Winter to march, then to may. By the time march came around, and no one was talking, they hype was dead before may even hit.

While Too Human, and IU were hyped very much, up until release, then all of a sudden, the games are not hyped.

Too Human had a lot of hype(it was one of the most hyped 360 games of 2008).  IU got a little bit of hype from what I can tell but I am not exactly sure how much