By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Development Teams: What Are They Up To? (LONG Post)

So basically, after October, all we know Nintendo will be developing is Wii Sports: Resort.

Given Nintendo's new announcement policy, we will not find out what they are working at until we are 1 month away from release.

19/20 dev teams are going to be working on misterious titles, please Nintendo shed more light about you projects :(

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I think Skip should be concentrating on bringing Chibi Robo to the Wii with motion controls. That would be AWESOME!!!!!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

SmokedHostage said:
I am disturbed by the lack of Pikmin, Starfox and F-Zero.

When I said this I mean a lack of speculation.

Pixel Art can be fun.

This teams should also be busy with something atm, Nintendo show something =)?

* 5TH Cell - Developer of Drawn to Life series for Nintendo DS and Wii.

* EA Salt Lake — Formerly known as Headgate Studios, it was bought by Electronic Arts and is now creating games exclusively for the Wii and Nintendo DS.

* Fall Line — Salt Lake City based game developer formed by Disney to create games exclusive to Nintendo systems.

* Firebrand Games — Develops racing games, such as Codemasters' Race Driver: Create and Race for the Nintendo DS. It is developing for the Wii as well.

* Fuse Games — A British Pinball game company who made Mario Pinball Land and Metroid Prime Pinball.

* Jet Black Games — Created by former developers at EA Canada, it have announced that it will license and develop games exclusively for Nintendo's hardware.

* Jupiter — Developer of the Nintendo DS game Spectrobes, the Pokemon Pinball series, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories among other titles.

* Kuju Entertainment London — Developer of the Battalion Wars series of games; the London studio is exclusive to Nintendo.

* Image Epoch - Developer of several new IPs for DS and Wii, including Luminous Arc, World Destruction and Arc Rise Fantasia. All currently released and planned titles are for Nintendo systems.

* Nibris - Polish developer which intends to publish exclusively for Nintendo systems. Titles currently in development include Sadness, ROTR, several WiiWare titles, and more

* Shin'en — Developer of the Nanostray games for the DS and Wii.

* Sora Ltd. - Founded by former HAL Laboratory employee Masahiro Sakurai, Sora developed Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii.

* Artoon — Created Yoshi Topsy-Turvy and Yoshi's Island DS.

* Cing — Developer of the Nintendo DS games Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and the forthcoming Little King's Story.

* iNiS — Developer of the rhythm games Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan and its Western adaptation Elite Beat Agents.

* Mitchell Corporation — Developer of Polarium and Magnetica titles for the Nintendo DS.

* Next Level Games — Creator of the Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged titles.

* Treasure Co. Ltd — Founded by ex-Konami workers, the studio has previously worked with Nintendo to make Wario World and Mischief Makers. The studio is most notable among gamers for the Nintendo 64 formerly Japan-only (now on Virtual Console) game Sin and Punishment.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

vlad321 said:
I would kill for a Golden sun on the Wii. I'd also kill for a Smash Bros. on the DS. I also didn't know HAL wasn't part of Nintendo. Boy wouldn't it be a kick in the crotch if M$ bought them out some time in the future.

HAL basically has a long, lucrative contract with Nintendo that they're not going to be backing out of any time soon. They could decline to renew it, in theory, when the next deadline comes up - but MS buying HAL is about as likely as Nintendo buying Insomniac; it's just not going to happen.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

The beauty of internal development.

@Sarcasm guy: I know, I never said Wii only.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Also Factor 5 is supposedly working on a first party title (Kid Icarus for sure)

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

No... I mean developing Nintendo games, no matter the platform.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Actually I copied that from Wikipedia, I didn't write anything myself -.-

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies