By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's Development Teams: What Are They Up To? (LONG Post)

trestres said:

Given Nintendo's new announcement policy, we will not find out what they are working at until we are 1 month away from release.

Again, this is not a new Nintendo policy.  They've always been a secretive company.  Especially after Super Mario 64's 3-D platforming style was ripped off by several companies based on gameplay footage. 

Shortening announcements to a month or so before a game launches is really not that new of an idea for them.  Take the DS for instance, it was announced at E3 (2004) and then promptly released a few short months later.  We all knew Sony was cookin' up the PSP months ahead of time.  The DS came out of nowhere. 

Around the Network

@Rol: You got me there :(

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I look forward to just about anything Intelligent Systems releases. With the exception of Super Paper Mario, all of their games have been fantastic.

@1st party No10.

Project Hammer looked incredibly dull to me, I would much rather they be working on Wave Race.

@3rd party No7.

I hearfrom Rol that the GBA versions of F-Zero "sucked ass" (may not actually be his words), and thus if that is the game they are famous for I sure hope they are not the ones working on F-Zero Wii.