By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - One thing everyone seems to be ignoring about this election...

When I read the title I was actually expecting stuff like "policies" or "strategies"... perhaps even "economic plans". But noooo, Rocketpig has to play the race-card again...

j/k

Anyway, I really doubt that in the scheme of things, race or gender will have a significant impact on the course of a country as a whole so I hope that the possible VP's vag and the possible pres's love of chicken and watermelon (harhar) can be put to rest anytime soon.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:
fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
In 2006 the Democrats got the first female speaker of the house, the first Muslim in Congress (sworn in using Thomas Jefferson's Koran because he's a baller), and I think the first Buddhist in Congress too. And they already pulled the female veep candidate in 1984, but it didn't work out. Just saying...

When you think about the short time period of Bush's presidency, a lot of shit has gone down, both good and bad.

Most of us know about Ferraro, but that wasn't the point of the thread. The point is that no matter who wins, something is gonna change.

Well, some would argue that no matter who wins nothing will change.

I fully endorse that statement. Overall, I doubt either candidate will impact America much in the long run. They'll have their plate full just cleaning up after ol' Dubya.

Yep. I agree with there ol' buddy. The real discourse IMHO should be "Who will be better at cleaning up after ol' Dubya?" Sadly we have liberals saying Palin is there just because she's a woman, and, conservatives saying Obama is there just because he's half-black. I truly believe all politics on the national level are complete shit. I also fully admit that given the choice between the two piles of crap there is one that I prefer over the other.

I think we're just bitter old people, fkusumot. All these young-uns think that one candidate or the other will turn America on its head.

They won't. In four years, we'll all be bickering about the same shit, except we'll all be wearing Star Trek uniforms and driving around flying cars.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:
fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:
In 2006 the Democrats got the first female speaker of the house, the first Muslim in Congress (sworn in using Thomas Jefferson's Koran because he's a baller), and I think the first Buddhist in Congress too. And they already pulled the female veep candidate in 1984, but it didn't work out. Just saying...

When you think about the short time period of Bush's presidency, a lot of shit has gone down, both good and bad.

Most of us know about Ferraro, but that wasn't the point of the thread. The point is that no matter who wins, something is gonna change.

Well, some would argue that no matter who wins nothing will change.

I fully endorse that statement. Overall, I doubt either candidate will impact America much in the long run. They'll have their plate full just cleaning up after ol' Dubya.

Yep. I agree with there ol' buddy. The real discourse IMHO should be "Who will be better at cleaning up after ol' Dubya?" Sadly we have liberals saying Palin is there just because she's a woman, and, conservatives saying Obama is there just because he's half-black. I truly believe all politics on the national level are complete shit. I also fully admit that given the choice between the two piles of crap there is one that I prefer over the other.

I think we're just bitter old people, fkusumot. All these young-uns think that one candidate or the other will turn America on its head.

They won't. In four years, we'll all be bickering about the same shit, except we'll all be wearing Star Trek uniforms and driving around flying cars.

Compleely true. There will still be the, Halo 4 > Killzone 3 threads and the like.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

It is a fallacy that the Democrats alone have been champions of diversity and civil rights. The Republicans elected the first African-American US Senator, the first African-American US Representative, elected the first Native-American Senator and Vice President, and appointed the first African-American US Diplomat. Just saying...

Jackson50 said:

It is a fallacy that the Democrats alone have been champions of diversity and civil rights. The Republicans elected the first African-American US Senator, the first African-American US Representative, elected the first Native-American Senator and Vice President, and appointed the first African-American US Diplomat. Just saying...

And a Republican President signed the Emancipation Proclamation! I'm surprised you didn't mention that Strom Thurmond was a Democrat.

Around the Network

I will always respect Strom for that magnificent filibuster.

The fucking phone book? Genius.

Of course, he was filibustering a civil rights initiative but I still have to high five that stupid cracker for being so rad.

rocketpig said:

Of course, he was filibustering a civil rights initiative but I still have to high five that stupid cracker for being so rad.

You're like Trent Lott from bizarro world!

fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:

You're like Trent Lott from bizarro world!

I'll choose to take that as a compliment.

kirby007 said:
the usa will be a huge economical laugh when obama becomes president

I'm sure it can't get any worse that the UK's economy.

"the Chancellor has recently indicated that this was likely to be revised downwards as the UK was facing "the worst economic conditions in 60 years"." kinda sums it up really.

On topic, yeah, I agree history will be in the making, but that's almost sad, that it's taken this long frankly. Though my personal opinion (for the time being) is that Obama won't win, I have a feeling the Democrats will suffer the same thing happened to Labour in 92 in the UK. Voters for the opposition that won't reveal themselves on polls, because they don't want to. I mean given Obamas popularity, I'm sure there's many people who wouldn't want to say they support Republican, but will vote for them.

Jackson50 said:

Republicans used to be liberal and Democrats use to be conservative, until everything switched in the 60s.