By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - One thing everyone seems to be ignoring about this election...

The Ghost of RubangB said:
In 2006 the Democrats got the first female speaker of the house, the first Muslim in Congress (sworn in using Thomas Jefferson's Koran because he's a baller), and I think the first Buddhist in Congress too. And they already pulled the female veep candidate in 1984, but it didn't work out. Just saying...

When you think about the short time period of Bush's presidency, a lot of shit has gone down, both good and bad.

Most of us know about Ferraro, but that wasn't the point of the thread. The point is that no matter who wins, something is gonna change.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Yep, this is all good for the racial/sexual divide in the US. I'm glad there is a strong possibility that 'The Man' might be a black man. This way I can complain about the black man holding me down. :)

I really can't wait for the debates, especially the VP's.

superchunk said:
Yep, this is all good for the racial/sexual divide in the US. I'm glad there is a strong possibility that 'The Man' might be a black man. This way I can complain about the black man holding me down. :)

I really can't wait for the debates, especially the VP's.

You should watch a movie called White Man's Burden (film)

"White Man's Burden is a 1995 dramatic film about racism in an alternate America where African Americans and Caucasian Americans have reversed cultural roles."

rocketpig said:
In 2006 the Democrats got the first female speaker of the house, the first Muslim in Congress (sworn in using Thomas Jefferson's Koran because he's a baller), and I think the first Buddhist in Congress too. And they already pulled the female veep candidate in 1984, but it didn't work out. Just saying...

When you think about the short time period of Bush's presidency, a lot of shit has gone down, both good and bad.

Most of us know about Ferraro, but that wasn't the point of the thread. The point is that no matter who wins, something is gonna change.

Well, some would argue that no matter who wins nothing will change. I favor the argument that if one of the sides wins something will change. I guess that's a different discussion though. But back on topic - it's a bit of a stretch - but this thread might be a bit premature. Remember Eagleton.

fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:

Well, some would argue that no matter who wins nothing will change.

I fully endorse that statement. Overall, I doubt either candidate will impact America much in the long run. They'll have their plate full just cleaning up after ol' Dubya.

Around the Network

the usa will be a huge economical laugh when obama becomes president

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Stop trolling, Kirby. You just popped into two threads and shot out one-liners to distract the conversation.

rocketpig said:
kirby007 said:

Stop trolling, Kirby. You just popped into two threads and shot out one-liners to distract the conversation.

If i gave my reasoning behind it the "weak" souls would be offended...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

rocketpig said:
fkusumot said:
rocketpig said:

Well, some would argue that no matter who wins nothing will change.

I fully endorse that statement. Overall, I doubt either candidate will impact America much in the long run. They'll have their plate full just cleaning up after ol' Dubya.

Yep. I agree with there ol' buddy. The real discourse IMHO should be "Who will be better at cleaning up after ol' Dubya?" Sadly we have liberals saying Palin is there just because she's a woman, and, conservatives saying Obama is there just because he's half-black. I truly believe all politics on the national level are complete shit. I also fully admit that given the choice between the two piles of crap there is one that I prefer over the other.

kirby007 said:
rocketpig said:
kirby007 said:

If i gave my reasoning behind it the "weak" souls would be offended...

In any case, stop trying to flame political topics. If you wish to discuss it civilly, do so. Leave the juvenile antics home.