By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm in :-)

Try making one in several different countries kber81. I am sure one of them will accept the credit card as I have heard of people successfully getting stuff from the Hong Kong store before. You have to add money to your wallet in small increments though I hear or else it will detect that you are trying to do something tricky.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Cool. Most of all, enjoy it.

Picked one up last night along with VF5. Ninja Gaiden wasn't in stock. Man the thing runs HOT. I knew it did but I was still shocked at the heat blowing in my face as I fixed some wiring. Combined with the stereo receiver, it's going to add 5 degrees to my house temp.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Congrats on the new system! Enjoy.

I've heard about people using work arounds for accts in other countries, but I've never had to so I'm not sure.... Strange, I would assume that Poland is on the same rollout as the rest of EU??? Guess not, I would still get a US acct at least so that you don't have to wait for EU PSN updates<--- does that work, anybody?

ceres said:
Picked one up last night along with VF5. Ninja Gaiden wasn't in stock. Man the thing runs HOT. I knew it did but I was still shocked at the heat blowing in my face as I fixed some wiring. Combined with the stereo receiver, it's going to add 5 degrees to my house temp.

PS3 now has an extra feature - Heating!

Around the Network
ceres said:

You've never felt my computer then... It blows 80 degree air out the side vent on my leg, under my desk. It's around 80-90 under my desk, and the sad thing is, I keep my house at 70.

My graphics card pulls more power than the Entire PS3.

Considering how slow the air moves coming out of the PS3, it's really not that hot. The air moves slow, and is super-hot, but if you put a therma-take fan thingie on it. (I DO NOT RECCOMEND) The air would feel quite cold.

The PS3 is meant to run at high temps, to keep the air flow down, to make it quiet.

My computer runs with big fans, and slow air flow, (but lots of air move)

Fast moving air is loud, and that's bad. The PS3 moves a little super hot air, my computer moves alot of hot air.

My computer 'feels' 20-30degrees cooler from the air comming out. But I guarentee you, it puts out 4x more heat than my PS3. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!