By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit Outsells Mario Galaxy Worldwide

In less time too. Wow.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

That sux balls Galaxy was legendary god gamn obesity!

How many fat people are there in the world!?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

No! Oh well, as long as Galaxy passes at least 10 million I will be happy.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

nothing to get mad about, a fitness game appeals to far more people than a 3d platformer. Some of the best games of all time get overlooked completely. We could make a thread every time a game passes okami but it doesn't mean anything.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Is this even surprising to you? Galaxy, HARDCORE game. Wii Fit, casual game. Nothing to see here, move along.

This isn't really surprising. Do you know how much is spent in Western countries every year (much of it wasted) by people trying various stuff to keep fit?

I notice that the giving up rate for Wii Fit is as high as gyms, etc. which confirms that many purchases were made 'in good' faith as a way of keeping fit... then went the way of the next bacon sandwich.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It's the end of the (hardcore) world as we know it... and I blame Wii fit (to paraphrase the REM song)

It was only a matter of time since Wii Fit sales have been restricted by production output rather than by tapering demand or frontloaded sales.

It should continue to sell similar to Wii Play; not at the same attach rate, but in the sense that many new buyers of the Wii, particularly the non-traditional gamers, will probably be interested in buying it as well.

I don't see this as a result of either potential gamers expressing good faith in trying to adopt a more healthy lifestyle (they would rather go back to playing Brawl or Kart), or typical consumers looking to buy a Wii/Wii Fit so they can exercise at home with it, since there are endless alternatives available.

But, this is the new Blue Ocean Nintendo; get used to it. Wii Sports Resort will follow suit next year, undoubtedly becoming the best selling Wii game to be released in 2009.