By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you are loosing interest in the Wii

This is just another thread filled with disgusting trolls that got time to come here and bash the Wii for no apparent reason... Even pretend they own a Wii and say they got bored of it, and surprisingly everyone wants to sell it.

This is just so stupid, I dont even know why I posted here. Plus most of the users claiming that are known trolls who have been banned several times or new alt accounts used to troll.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I lost interest months ago, the only reason it actually gets use is my gf's obsession with WiiFit.

iamfanboy said:
Resident_Hazard said:
I know some of the going has been slow for the Wii, but still, I can't believe people are stupid enough to just sell the system so soon. I paid $250 and dry spell or not, I'm going to stick it out and see what's next. Especially when you consider that there is an awful lot coming down the pipes as the "Upcoming Wii Games" thread shows.

The only system I ever sold was my original Playstation, and that was becuase I rarely played it and because I was in a financial crunch at the time. I later got another Playstation for free.

Somehow I doubt all these people saying the Wii has no mroe good games have actually even bothered playing many of the good ones. I may be playing other systems a bit more lately (mostly classics that I'm buying new stuff for), but I still flooded the Wii with 11 or 12 disk-based titles and 16 downloaded (one Wii Ware). That's much more in a much shorter time period than I ever supported a console before.

What, do you expect to be playing it 20 hours a day and if you're not, then the system is crap? EVERY console I've ever purchased has had highs and lows--periods of near constant use and periods of non-use. I haven't played the DS, SNES, or Dreamcast lately, but that doesn't mean they suck or that I'm going to up and sell them.

Here's the other thing, the Wii hasn't even been out for two years yet. It seems pretty stupid to give up on it so quickly, especially considering how well it's selling and how many higher quality 3rd party games are in the works. But hey, if you want to miss out on The Conduit, MadWorld, House of the Dead Overkill, Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile, and all these VC and Wii Ware games, I guess that's up to you. But then, don't complain about not having enough to play. You're the one that chose to ignore what was there.

Again, I'm not saying the Wii has the best selection right now, it's still going through the early learning stages that the DS struggled through. And like the DS, starting around the 2-year mark, things are going to be improving big time. But while the Wii doesn't have the best selection, it also doesn't have the worst there's ever been. There's a lot of quality titles on the system if you just open your fucking eyes.

Go ahead and sell it if you want to. Someone less naive will get to enjoy MadWorld, Star Wars Battlefront III, The Conduit, and Spore.

Sorry if this sounds a bit pissy, but shouldn't these kind of foolish threads be dying off by now? I mean, the thread starter is considering selling the Wii and indicates being a long-time Nintendo supporter. So that means he supported the no-game N64 and the half-assed-port-flooded GameCube through worse, but a successful console like the Wii just isn't worth his time. Gimme a break. "There are no new games out right now for the Wii." Well shit, genius, aside from Soul Calibur IV and MGS4, there hasn't been a whole helluva lot going on with the other guys this summer either.

I'll put it like this, I've had the Wii for a little over a year and I have 12 regular games, 15 VC games, and a Wii Ware title. If you have fewer games than I do (and I'm poor), then you shouldn't be complaining about the "lack of games on the Wii so I don't use it enough," because it's your own narrow-mindedness that prevents you from playing everything that's good and getting use out of your Wii.

Did you consider that it may be a matter of taste as apposed to being naive.  Is it wrong to want a wider selection of titles other then mini game compilations.  I am not denying that there are good games for the Wii, what I'm arguing is there very little selection of games for me and no matter how good a game is, eventually you will tire of it.  If I'm reading news posts correctly then it appears the third party trend isn't going to change anytime soon.

Oh and just because a system is suggcessful does not mean I must like it.  I couldn't care less if the Wii outsells the PS3/260 10-1, the fact that I am finding less and less games which appeal to me isn't going to change that. 

For the record, I do like the N64 more then the Wii.  I like the Wii more then the Gamecube.

"narrow-mindedness" - Of course, what else can it be?

It is naivety when you boil the Wii down to having only "mini game collections."  That shows a lack of knowledge of what is actually on the system.

When you say, "games for me," what are you referring to?  Because the Wii seems to have a fairly wide selection of genres, in fact, a much wider selection than either the Xbox360 or PS3 which are both clogged to the gills with First Person Shooters and sci-fi/military/war-based titles. 

I see that you don't have a game collection listed under your profile.  Perhaps you're one of those people who think that the only way to make a true hardcore game is to make it an FPS or RPG these days.  Do you ever try other genres?  I own and play games from pretty much every genre that has ever graced a video game console.  I hardly care for one over another as I simply enjoy good, fun, high-quality, creative games.  Turns out the Wii has those, even better than the N64 ever did which was clogged with crappy 3-D platformers and whatever else Rare came up with that wasn't Goldeneye.  However, the N64 has long been a mystery to me since so many Nintendo gamers sing such high praises of the machine, and I feel that, aside from the Virtual Boy, it was the crappiest thing Nintendo ever made--and the system that nearly caused me to stop gaming.

The odd point you state is that you now dislike the Wii but have always been a Nintendo gamer.  This makes the "I'm tired of the Wii" sentiment seem irrational since the Nintendo has delivered all the same stuff for the Nintendo gamer that all previous Nintendo systems had.  Strong support of chief franchises, creative new titles, niche titles, and fan service.  This is what's most puzzling.  Because it's like you just woke up one day and decided that now, for no reason at all, you suddenly hate all the stuff you used to love, and in that, you feel the Wii is a failure--because the fan service you used to swallow up is now something you dislike.

Either that, or you were actually never a big Nintendo fan and lied about that in your original post in order to better sell the Wii short of your supposed expectations.  However, being the fan-service-needing Nintendo fan makes sense for you since you liked the N64 and disliked the GameCube since the N64's only quality titles were all 1st or 2nd party Nintendo games and the GameCube's shining stars were often not built by Nintendo--Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, etc.  In fact, as far as fan service goes, the GC was the worst Nintendo system because it had on of the worst "regular" Super Mario games ever made and the weakest and easiest Zelda title ever crafted.

That all said, it seems that if you were in fact an actual Nintendo fan, that fan service is something that you were drawn to--and again, in that regard, it doesn't make any sense that you would so dislike the Wii since it's done more fan service for Nintendoheads than any other system--especially when the VC is factored in. 

Did you suffer some traumatic brain trauma or something?  I hear that can alter personalities...

The problem I have with the Wii is the replay value. There's no point going back to my games after you beat them 2-3 times. Something like a Trophy or Achievement system (or in-game rewards like Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl) for every game would make the experience a lot better and last longer in my opinion.

Right now, I have no more ''new'' games to play on it... I usually just go back to play my Virtual Console/WiiWare games. In the meantime, there's always Xbox Live arcade with an amazing line-up of games (especially this summer, it was amazing), the PSN and other continuations of various favorite series (Tales, Gears of War, etc.), which is not happening this Christmas for the Wii (where's my F-Zero, or even Star Fox?).

I'll keep my Wii though, because I know the 3rd part potential is unlimited. We're seeing small developers with great game ideas for the Wii, and that's always a good thing. How long will I have to wait though, that's the question...?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

rendo said:
He wants attention from the Nintendo fanboys.

I get bored of everything pretty quickly. My Wii, my penis, my wife, my kids. Especially my wife. Dumb bitch. <_<

This was a true to life LOL =)

@OP - Nope, I'm actually ramping up my game time as I find a bit more free time to play. The only thing holding me back from getting more games for my Wii is the investments that have to be made for my company. My DS, on the otherhand, is like a starving orphaned child.

Around the Network

Replay Value, sorry but a trophy does not make me play the game again , it's a game itself. And why Wii haters always point out no F-Zero and Star Fox? In 1.5 years Ninty realeased most of the hardcore franchises faster and quicker then ever before. And t his year we got Brawl, MKWii , Fire Emblem etc. etc. i dont know what people are expecting.

Wii has the best 1st party lineup, people say that NIntendo is abandoning the Hardcore but look at the Quality and QUantity of Nintendo games this Gen and compare them to SCE for example.

Also 3rd party argument is getting old and more stupid everyday, just look at the lineup for the rest of the year, Rpg's , shooters, sports games (games in every genre that apparently Nintendo is lacking)

But then haters will never change...

SHMUPGurus said:

I'll keep my Wii though, because I know the 3rd part potential is unlimited. We're seeing small developers with great game ideas for the Wii, and that's always a good thing. How long will I have to wait though, that's the question...?

If you can wait until 2009, then you'll be fine.

Also, if yuu're really a Shmup guru, did you get Geometry Wars or Blast Works for the Wii? Of the 32,000 old-school shmups from the system?

Lolcislaw said:
Replay Value, sorry but a trophy does not make me play the game again , it's a game itself. And why Wii haters always point out no F-Zero and Star Fox? In 1.5 years Ninty realeased most of the hardcore franchises faster and quicker then ever before. And t his year we got Brawl, MKWii , Fire Emblem etc. etc. i dont know what people are expecting.

Wii has the best 1st party lineup, people say that NIntendo is abandoning the Hardcore but look at the Quality and QUantity of Nintendo games this Gen and compare them to SCE for example.

Also 3rd party argument is getting old and more stupid everyday, just look at the lineup for the rest of the year, Rpg's , shooters, sports games (games in every genre that apparently Nintendo is lacking)

But then haters will never change...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm probably one the biggest Nintendo fanboys here, so don't call me a hater (and I know this post is entirely redirected to me). Also, during the first 2 years of the GameCube, Nintendo were only missing Zelda (released in December 2003), Mario Kart and Fire Emblem, but Fire Emblem can not be counted in my opinion because it was a totally ''new Fire Emblem 3D IP.'' It's easy to make a sequel with the same engine, but think about it when they had to rethink the whole series for the current generation of consoles. The GameCube already had Star Fox, Super Smash Bros, F-Zero, Metroid, Super Mario, and even new IPs like Pikmin. I'll make a full list if you want, and I'll say this to you now: the GameCube's 1st party line-up at that time was amazing.

I'm not saying the Wii's line-up is not good, heck, it's probably the best one out there! Such quality titles, but I still think it misses that little special thing the other consoles have nowadays (chatting online and stuff, though Wii Speak is a good beginning toward the good stuff). Nintendo is changing things in the gaming world, but they should not deny the obvious good choices that came out from Microsoft and their Xbox, trying to do something about the online gaming community (it even made Sony do something about it with their new firmware updates). These are good upgrades in my opinion and should not be left behind. Here's hoping the Wii 2 will still have the revolutionary features the Wii introduced, but will feature these ''other'' extra features as well (I'm not talking about a DVD player or media player stuffs!).

About the 3rd party support, make me a list of games that might interest me this Christmas (just look at my game collection)? Animal Crossing: Town Folk and Mega Man 9 are probably the only two games I want for this console, but then Mega Man 9 on XBLA and PSN will feature leaderboards and all...

@ Resident_Hazard: Sadly, no. I don't live near a store that have these two games. I have to ask them to order the games if I want to buy them, which is a hassle in my opinion. Geometry Wars is interesting though, but it's not what I can call a traditional shooter. Paying full price for it is a bit much. Also, I have R-Type, Gradius I and III, Soldier Blade, and all the other ''hardcore'' games from the 8-bit/16-bit era (Contra series, Gunstar Heroes, etc.). That's why I said I still go back to play my Virtual Console games, because they are cult classics! It's still fun to try and get better at these old games, but now, all the newly released games are too easy... Thus my complain about replay value. Is there a point to get better now? The only satisfaction I can find from them now is to do speed runs, but even those get boring at some point.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I bought one wii game this year so that is a 100% spike in play time over last year sadly

It was not directed entirely to you mate, more general i just picked some stuff from your post. But after that post i can see what you're missing, i dont play online so that stuff does not bother me. For me console is only about games nothing else so that's what i judge it by.