By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you are loosing interest in the Wii

It is entirely possible that someone can lose interest in a console.

The Wii is a unique beast and some people have unrealistic expectations for every game. (This refers to customers at a shop where I know the owner. Many a Wii owner wants every game to have SMG quality for $20.)

I am a bit puzzled by the OP's poster. A lot of his previous postings seem to be about the Xbox 360. If someone owned both and liked FPS games and the like, then of course they would lose interest in the Wii. After all, the Wii does not -- and does not try -- to provide that type of gaming experience.

Still, looking at some of the titles out now and coming out from third-parties, there is a good quality for people who like different types of game. And remember, since systems end up with single digit attach rates, if there are a dozen stellar games on a system, it is worth having. We -- who buy tens or hundreds of games for a system -- are the oddball exceptions, not the rule.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
rocco said:
Untouch said:
rocco said:
What interest? Its a gamecube in a different box that forces you to wave your arm around.

You need to say bad graphics and little kid more it gets peoples attention.

Isnt the word gamecube a synonym for all of that?

Maybe i dunno you tell me

iamfanboy said:

I own a Wii but this is the first time I have purchased a non Nintendo console as well.  I really enjoyed games like Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Zelda, and Metroid.  After playing these games I had high hopes for it.  I couldn't wait for boxing, golf, RPGs... games I wouldn't normally be interested in, however, all great things come to an end and I'm finding myself playing the Wii less and less.

Granted, games like Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 are awesome but I think the quality of other titles has plummeted overall.  This is not the case with Nintendo made games as they are clearly getting better but third party games are generally getting worse in graphics and in controls... SSX Blur, Godfather, Need for Speed, Elebits and Red Steal blow away most of what's out there right now and those are launch titles.

I'm not Wii bashing because I hate it, I just wish companies would put adequate effort into their Wii projects (note the keyword here is adequate).

Is anyone else playing Wii less and less? Is anyone considering selling their system?  I'm not at the stage of selling mine but most of my friends already have.  It's really sad because although my friends are more into Playstation they bought a Wii first for the same reasons I did (sports, something different) but even though we have different tastes, we all agree that the reason for loosing interest in the Wii is its lack of quality third party offerings.

I think you should sell your WII right now.

I'll give you $100 for it.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

I don't have one but I would still get it for the games it currently has....SSBB MkWii SMG

^_^

DaSimkin said:
iamfanboy said:

I own a Wii but this is the first time I have purchased a non Nintendo console as well. I really enjoyed games like Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Zelda, and Metroid. After playing these games I had high hopes for it. I couldn't wait for boxing, golf, RPGs... games I wouldn't normally be interested in, however, all great things come to an end and I'm finding myself playing the Wii less and less.

Granted, games like Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Metal of Honor: Heroes 2 are awesome but I think the quality of other titles has plummeted overall. This is not the case with Nintendo made games as they are clearly getting better but third party games are generally getting worse in graphics and in controls... SSX Blur, Godfather, Need for Speed, Elebits and Red Steal blow away most of what's out there right now and those are launch titles.

I'm not Wii bashing because I hate it, I just wish companies would put adequate effort into their Wii projects (note the keyword here is adequate).

Is anyone else playing Wii less and less? Is anyone considering selling their system? I'm not at the stage of selling mine but most of my friends already have. It's really sad because although my friends are more into Playstation they bought a Wii first for the same reasons I did (sports, something different) but even though we have different tastes, we all agree that the reason for loosing interest in the Wii is its lack of quality third party offerings.

I think you should sell your WII right now.

I'll give you $100 for it.

Definitely not!!! I will accept no more then $25 bucks... sucker.

LOL

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

Around the Network

Ill start up my Wii when the next Zelda comes out, i love that game!

Hey, the N64 didn't have a lot of support, but at least the support there was top-notch.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Hey, the N64 didn't have a lot of support, but at least the support there was top-notch.

I think you nailed it.  Those games were and to me still are very memorable.  I can't even tell you how many hours I spent playing WCW Revenge, Goldeneye, and Zelda.

Check out my games for sale eBay and Toycatacomb

I am no writer but I try

And

Finally

I am watching you!

This thread is epic, and filled with win.

To be serious though, I actually agree with the OP. I personally havent turned on my Wii since a couple weeks after WiiFit was released. Played some, thought wow this will get old fast, it did get old fast and now it sits there.

There isnt anything on the horizon that I am interested in coming from Nintendo, and typically most 3rd party games are either not my type of game (ends with a Z anyone?) or I can also buy on my PS3 or 360. See Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

Maybe this is just a problem with the "hardcore" gamer segment that bought Wii's. We got them, and have very very few exclusive reasons to keep playing them. I mean, Galaxy is fun and all, but not play it for a year straight fun.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

|_emmiwinks said:

There isnt anything on the horizon that I am interested in coming from Nintendo, and typically most 3rd party games are either not my type of game (ends with a Z anyone?) or I can also buy on my PS3 or 360. See Rock Band or Guitar Hero.

Not arguing with your personal tastes argument, but you have seen Onimusha12's Wii Games thread, right? There's a LOT more coming for the system than just HD-console ports and Bratz Babyz shovelware. And I mean, a hell of a lot more.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom