By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Latest E3 rumours... (new Tales of for Wii and more...)

From http://wii.qj.net/index.php

Just recently, IGN revealed some pretty hot news on their latest Wii News podcast and revealed that we'll be seeing a Namco Bandai's GameCube title Tales of Symphonia sequel on the Wii. Another game, a Nintendo franchise revival, will be announced on E3.

Among other news, we also found out that Geometry Wars Galaxies will feature 60 planet types and they will look more vibrant than on Xbox 360. Matt, one of those IGN guys, will also be lucky enough to get his hands on a private demo of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption at E3 next week.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, the game of superstars said to rival Halo's hype and popularity, will be present at E3 but only available to a select few behind closed doors. Red Steel 2 and other big titles are no-show 'til after the event. Rockstar, like analysts expected, won't be making an appearance.

French site Wiiz posted this photo, and if it's real, we just might finally get something everyone has been clamoring for all this time: Online battles with other Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 players!

The DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi franchise has been one of the best-selling fighting games of this era, thanks to the great video game rendition of the frenetic anime fighting supplied by Namco Bandai. True to the immortal Akira Toriyama brand of action, players have wielded Saiyan power, throwing fireballs and combos seamlessly and looking stylish at the same time.

The only thing missing in the past was the ability to get on the internet and battle it out with other players to see who's the toughest of them all. We're very close to breaking that barrier, and if it comes to pass, we're going to have a heck of a party on the Nintendo Wii.

Health buffs, listen up! While the Wiimote is already advancing diet regiments far and wide, you still can't count out how the Dance Pad for DDR titles brought exercise routines for the console gamers. As of now, it's still being talked about whether or not DDR Hottest Party on the Wii would have a Dance Pad peripheral for its own.

But what's this? Is this confirmation or just a prototype of a possible Dance Pad?

From Japanese magazine Famitsu, a new scan has waltzed into the dancefloor: a two-page spread showing not just screens, but also a pic of the Dance Pad. Now if you can read hiragana - yes, kkid (Unregistered) and nohbody (Unregistered), as well as katakana or kanji - maybe you can answer our previous question: is this the real thing or just a prototype? But despite this, you'll still be able to play the game by using the Wiimote alone, as French site source Nintendo Master states.

Regardless, other tidbits included in the scan are the multiplayer features (no, not online multiplayer, sorry). The game will allow four players to step up on the Wii stage at the same time, and have both versus and co-op modes available.

(note - not intentionally Nintendo only rumours, just pasted the ones I found...)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Characters are kind of small on the scan, so have to look very closely. 

That dance pad is the WII mat controller which, according to the scan, will appear. And they said you could use the Gamecube dance pad for the game? What a rip off... though... have to say, they don't mention where you have to plug it in. Could be remote, USB or maybe Gamecube port? No idea. And yes, you can use the Nunchuck / Remote as well.

Oh it also incluses a Diet Mode . 3 Different modes, Free Play Mode, Group Circuit Mode and Diet Mode.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Rockstar not making an appearance? Do they mean Rock Band, by that link...or what?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

According to rumors Rockstar is not coming to the E3.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

just give me that Tales game and I'm happy!

What do you people think, which franchise will se a revival? My guess is Pilotwings, but it could also be Kid Icarus. Other ideas?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

A sequel to Tales of Symphonia on the Wii ?????

Hit me if I'm not dreaming !!!!!!

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

My possible "revived franchises" from Nintendo:

Rad Racer (originally developed by Square, published by Nintendo in the US)
Kid Icarus
RC Pro-AM (have no clue if Rare owns the rights or not)
Earthbound
Star Tropics

In my opinion: go Earthbound! Star Tropics would be an acceptable second option. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Hoping for Kid Icarus.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

Bodhesatva said:

My possible "revived franchises" from Nintendo:

Rad Racer (originally developed by Square, published by Nintendo in the US)
Kid Icarus
RC Pro-AM (have no clue if Rare owns the rights or not)
Earthbound
Star Tropics

In my opinion: go Earthbound! Star Tropics would be an acceptable second option.

wasn't Earthbound revived on Gameboy Advance with Earthbound 64/Mother 3?

Also, I think Kid Icarus is probably the most likely, both being that Pit is featured in SSBB and there hasn't quite been that type of game for a while now. 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

This pleases me.