By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RROD percentage rate?

You should go to the Xbox forum there you will have a clear idea of the situation :
http://forums.xbox.com/281/ShowForum.aspx

Around the Network

Consider the new failure rates to be minimal/average in comparison to PS3 and Wii's now with the new Falcon and soon Jasper model 360's are out. We may even see a smaller margin of failures in comparison to other consoles once the Jasper line reports begin to surface. MS has had sufficient time to perfect its models. Only time will tell.

Million said:
Squilliam said:
MonstaMack said:
Falcons RROD seems like it will end up being 10% or lower, but the board/system needs to be out a good 3 years to gouge if that will remain fact.

Launch units seem to be 30% or higher, and imho will all eventually fail regardless. The good news is if you send in a launch unit for repair, by December you should be getting a OPUS board to replace it which is essentially the same as falcon but without a HDMI port.

So, 3 of 1,155 X360s on their masterthread are RROD'ed X360s. That's 8 months since Falcons have been out, and 3 dead Falcon 360s. That's rather convincing, no?

Falcon 10% = false.

You do realise a sample size that small isn't very conclusive if not completley useless.

3 Falcons....

I'll say it again... only 3 falcons...

I'll say it even clearer... 3 falcons out of 1,155 suffer from the RROD error.

I'll make it comparitive. If 3 people out of 1,155 suffering from aids wore a condom you would say that condoms don't work?

I'll tell you about statistics, The sample size is probably 10,000+ Xbox 360 owners, so whilst its self selecting the sheer reduction in RROD instances in the Falcon population leads me to believe that the Falcon is suffering the normal rate of failure, comparible to PS3s/Wiis. Even going forward its easy to see that the failure rate in under 5%

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Million said:
Squilliam said:
MonstaMack said:
Falcons RROD seems like it will end up being 10% or lower, but the board/system needs to be out a good 3 years to gouge if that will remain fact.

Launch units seem to be 30% or higher, and imho will all eventually fail regardless. The good news is if you send in a launch unit for repair, by December you should be getting a OPUS board to replace it which is essentially the same as falcon but without a HDMI port.

So, 3 of 1,155 X360s on their masterthread are RROD'ed X360s. That's 8 months since Falcons have been out, and 3 dead Falcon 360s. That's rather convincing, no?

Falcon 10% = false.

You do realise a sample size that small isn't very conclusive if not completley useless.

3 Falcons....

I'll say it again... only 3 falcons...

I'll say it even clearer... 3 falcons out of 1,155 suffer from the RROD error.

I'll make it comparitive. If 3 people out of 1,155 suffering from aids wore a condom you would say that condoms don't work?

I'll tell you about statistics, The sample size is probably 10,000+ Xbox 360 owners, so whilst its self selecting the sheer reduction in RROD instances in the Falcon population leads me to believe that the Falcon is suffering the normal rate of failure, comparible to PS3s/Wiis. Even going forward its easy to see that the failure rate in under 5%

reported in january 2008 = 10% RROD.

Jo21 said:

reported in january 2008 = 10% RROD.

By whom???!?! The only company who needs to deal with RROD is Microsoft. They send it in, and im sure people who call up stores are told to send them in too.

Tease.

Around the Network

Monsta is for the most part correct. Just because there have been very, VERY few Falcons RROD, it doesn't mean that...2 years down the road...More RRODs could pop up late into a X360's lifespan.

But at any rate, 3-4 RROD'ed Falcons on NeoGAF's master thread is very convincing proof that the chances of RROD is MUCH lower.

It used to be somewhere near 30% per year (ie, 30% chance your old X360 would RROD, per year). Now it seems closer to 3-4% per year.

And Jaspers will reduce it even further.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Again, I just hope for prolonged 360 support. Or at the very least MS keeping the consoles for sale as long as possible. If we can get $200 Arcades then hopefully someday we'll see $100 arcades ;)

It's just that simple.

got myself a new elite (falcon 175w) and fingers crossed no rrod yet but my old 360 205w model died on me 4 times brought my self a new model

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

mrstickball said:
Monsta is for the most part correct. Just because there have been very, VERY few Falcons RROD, it doesn't mean that...2 years down the road...More RRODs could pop up late into a X360's lifespan.

But at any rate, 3-4 RROD'ed Falcons on NeoGAF's master thread is very convincing proof that the chances of RROD is MUCH lower.

It used to be somewhere near 30% per year (ie, 30% chance your old X360 would RROD, per year). Now it seems closer to 3-4% per year.

And Jaspers will reduce it even further.

With electrical devices like computers the majority of failures occur within a short period of time, and the failure rate tends to decrease with time. Mechanic devices like cars suffer from the increased liklihood of failure as time goes by and the mechanic parts wear out.

So theres no reason to expect an increase in RROD beyond the first year from these Falcon Xbox 360s.

Tease.

Long live my 2006 purchased 360.
Hail to the Box. XD

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k