By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would Nintendo ever go all out virtual reality?

Or did the Virtual Boy burn them too much? They've only got the Wii and DS now. Would they ever introduce a third device?

I guess a head-mounted display might scare away the masses.. what do you guys think?

Around the Network

The Virtual Boy.....i think it went well

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Virtual Reality is still in it's 90s phase as of late. Maybe the Wii 2 will have it.

Nintendo is doing some holographic business.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Give it time, Virtual reality would be interesting...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

I believe that's what they are working toward. Don't you?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

hahahah virtual boy... Why the hell was it all red again?

Anyhow, I'm not sure if Ninty would do it, it seems too expensive for them. I think Ninty likes to make their consoles fun w/o pouring expensive technology into it; I see it more as a Sony/MS thing, but of course Sony's gotten pretty burned with all the underappreciated hardware they put in the PS3.

So, maybe MS? But we're talking like way, way, way down the road if ever.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

@ chenguo4
Red LEDs are the cheapest type of display that could be used at the time in the virtual boy.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Let's hope not. Otherwise people may confuse virtual reality with "real" reality!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

maybe in teh future............

Only if they could make it accessible and affordable while still remaining profitable.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.