By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest Flop and Biggest Runaway Hit in 08 So Far.

I agree forgot about Haze, also I would put Lair and biggest flop of 07.

Yes M&S was 07, but the reason I did not put it as biggest runaway hit was alot of it sales are in 08 (like 40%).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
stof said:
Mario Kart Wii is doing slightly better than we all thought it would. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics... Now THAT's a runaway hit (that was in 08 right?)

@ Bold: Thats what I was thinking. I can't remember if it's Oh'8 though.

...For flop right now Too Human is looking REAL good for it.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

shio said:
How was Mario Kart Wii a runaway hit? It is one of the worst sold Mario Kart games. One would have expected it to sell around as much as it did, so it really wasn't a surprise. Same goes for Wii Fit, which oozed potential before launch.

Imo, worst flop of 2008 so far was Haze. Flopped in everything.

MK: Wii has already outsold Double Dash. By the end of the year it will have outsold Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, leaving only Mario Kart DS ahead of it.

I think Haze being bad was too obvious for too long a time to be the biggest flop 2008. Ninja Gaiden sounds more like it people were comparing it with MGS4. Biggest success? Mario Kart perhaps.

Biggest success 2007 definitely Assassin's creed. I mean CoD4 is awesome but it had a huge pedigree. AC was a new IP.

A game outselling it's predecessor (NG) is not a flop.

Biggest runaway hit: MKWii and Monster Hunter 2nd G.
Worst Flop: Haze

You could also add any casual shovelware that has been pumped out on the Wii as of late: Deca Sports, Sports Party, Big Beach Sports, Carnival Games, Game Party....They've all been a tragic success.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Biggest runaway? Mario Kart Wii.

That game will outsell GTA4 combined by the end of this generation and will be the biggest seller console game this generation (excluding WiiSports and WiiPlay).

And biggest flop is Haze, but LBP will follow. Yes, it will be very good, with excellent reviews, but it will bomb in sales.

Lol..Haze?Come on people,we know what game it is:
Alone In The Dark.
And not so great legs at Gta Iv when compared to Wii fit or Mario kart.

Take my love, take my land..

Kyros said:
I think Haze being bad was too obvious for too long a time to be the biggest flop 2008. Ninja Gaiden sounds more like it people were comparing it with MGS4.

Who are these people? I'd think it would be safe to say that was blind fanboyism from whoever expected NG2 to do better than MGS4. That's ludicrous. The previous Ninja Gaiden's never even cracked a million LTD. NG2 has done it in 2 months. Flop? I think not. It doesn't matter how bad Haze was perceived, that bitch flopped.

Simulacrum said:
Lol..Haze?Come on people,we know what game it is:
Alone In The Dark.

I forgot about Alone in the Dark. When did that release (in 08, I know, but what month? and did it chart in NPD). I had no expectations for it though.

GTA IV gets both titles from me.

Basing my opinion on nothing other than my opinion.