By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony introducing the first ever 240Hz LCD TV and the world’s thinnest TV.

This is great news. Hopefully I can grab a 32 inch for $600 6-7 years down the road when my Plasma craps out. I've considered Plasma faster and better for games despite the burn in risk, but hopefully 240hz will put my Plasma wishes to the grave.

Lazer Tech to, I forgot about that. Bottom line is the most I'll pay for a 32 inch is $600 after warranty and taxes. I was able to do that for my Vizio and got the three year warranty and TV for just under $600.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Former something....

I saw a OLED tv at Sam's club that was at 10mm thick, and had a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1. It was 11in I think, and it cost $1700! It was easily the best looking picture I've ever seen, but any tv that small would look really good; I just want to see it in a larger form so I can see if it still looks that good.

just wow

MonstaMack said:

This is great news. Hopefully I can grab a 32 inch for $600 6-7 years down the road when my Plasma craps out. I've considered Plasma faster and better for games despite the burn in risk, but hopefully 240hz will put my Plasma wishes to the grave.

Lazer Tech to, I forgot about that. Bottom line is the most I'll pay for a 32 inch is $600 after warranty and taxes. I was able to do that for my Vizio and got the three year warranty and TV for just under $600.

Believe me as I own both that plasma, is not better for games. Better for movies yes, better for TV yes. But this is only if u have a pitch blackend room. Plasma will be a very fast dieing tech over the next 4 years. OLeds are the big change comming and where the battle will take over from next year. OLeds will slowly over take standard LEDs till gone.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

@dimebag667

The 11 inch XLE-1 OLed TV from SONY which u are talking about is not HD. When they release 32's and 40's soon, they will be. OLed's are the future! One more thing, SONY recently had on display at a show 27 inch, full 1080p, 100% NTSC colour repoduction, 1,000,000:1 contast, etc, etc OLeds which blew everybody away! No other TV ever made so far compares

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

Blacksaber said:

Thats actually just a projection on a mist. We have had that tech since the 50s.

OT: Like Sony took over the mobile music player segment in the 90s, they took the TV market about 7 years ago and appear to be geniuses at it.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Sorry, ^the show that I mentioned above was E3 where they had the 27' OLeds on display. It was only in SONY's key speach presentation tho.

HanzoTheRazor said:
Why would u buy these when u can buy a SONY Organic LED [OLeds] very soon that has a contrast of 1,000,000:1 [that's a wopping 333.33 x darker black levels!], refresh rate of .00001 milliseconds [absolutly no mation blur!], 10x more colours, very high peak brightness, uses MUCH less power [no back light], longer life, just as thin and contains no harmful mercurey? [when u see these LCD's will look very bland compared to OLeds!]

If u buy a TV now with all these amazing new ones to hit at the end of this year and into next, IMO u would be nutz!

Also to note, there is also LAZER tech comming... bye bye Plasma.

Spot on.  OLED's, especially SOLED's, are the next step.  

By the way, Samsung introduced a 240hz display last May.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

How would a 240Hz TV translate into playing a game that's 30 frames per second?
Can't TV's now that are 50-60Hz display a game without any problems, what would the extra 100+ Hz do?
Oh man, I'm really sounding like an idiot right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!