By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales up!

Everything down.

Around the Network

360 sold out......
face the fact.

MontanaHatchet said:
Has it occurred to anyone that this is a week after a holiday season (or whatever happened in Japan last week) and that usually means that hardware and software see a large drop? I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this since last week in Japan was above average and this week is below average. But I suppose a week this abysmal for the market would make someone forget the last one.

All systems did horribly. The PSP has several releases for Japan lined up for the end of the year so it wouldn't be impossible for it to pass the DS in weekly sales again. The PS3's poor sales are expected since the only two games coming out this week are Afrika and Battlefield: Bad Company (seems like a poor combination of games to appeal to the Japanese). This isn't the lowest the Wii had even been in Japan, if memory serves. It hit a pretty big slump in 2007 before Wii Fit came out, where it might have dipped below 20k (can't really remember).

The 360 boost from Tales of Vesperia is still holding strong, but I think the hardware sales are in anticipation for the release of Infinite Undiscovery in early September. Seriously, two huge RPGs in the course of a month and this is the best the 360 can do? Count me as unimpressed. Of course you could claim that it's because of a sellout, but then you'd have to ask yourself how much it would sell if there wasn't a sellout. 4k? 5k? Pretty insignificant either way.

DS has Pokemon Platinum, Chrono Trigger, Blue Dragon Plus, Castlevania: Order of ecclesia and Valkyrie Profile, What the PSP has?