By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Live Earth - Answer the call!

Tispower said:

@Kwaad, why on earth do you need those kinda cars & what kinda engine do you have in those things, as I know you can get big Jeeps that do over 30mpg! Then again, the US has some irrational fear of diesel... Actually, they had some corvettes on show somewhere, and they could do better MPG than that, and they had like 5l engines, so I'm really confused here. :/

For the record, we have a 2000 1.4l Xsara, that does bout 40 mpg, and a 1997 2.2l Espace that does about 34mpg.

I went on some government website yesterday to calculate your individual/household carbon footprint, and our household (including cars etc.) produces 8 tons of CO2, which is good as the national average is 8 tons, so I'm preety pleased we're better than average :D

Fuel Cell. :)

0 carbon emission house right there. Someone made one for about 150,000$. Considering they would NEVER have an electric bill, or 'gas' bill for their vehicle, that's amazing. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Your car has a fuel cell? Seriously?

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Problem with fuel cells is mass producingthe hydrogen. Doesn't mean you give up hope...

yeah how are we supposed to mass produce the hydrogen?

Dunno if any of you guys have ever watched Fifth Gear, but on that, one of the presenters went to an island (I think it was near Japn or somin), where they had built a huge dam on it, however, this island only needed like 10% of the power, so they used the reast to power a plant that separated water into hydrogen and oxygen. So this whole island had hydrogen cars, which was pretty cool. Although personally I think Enthanol/BioEthanol is a better alternative. Especially as there are already garages in the Uk which support it, although Saab is the only one that seems to sell cars that run on it :/ Then again Saabs are alright :D

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk