By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online petitions do not work thread.

Waste of time.

Petitions I mean.

Around the Network

Online petitions never work unless four things occur. First the idea must be feasible. Second the petition must have a dedicated site. Third the petition process must have longevity. Forth the petition site should advocate letter writing. All together this is not a place to be putting together online petitions. Not only is it completely fruitless, but it is meaningless.

A minute chance that something might work is not a justification to do something. You want to get a game made here is what you do. Set up a site for the petition. Place a link to said site in your signature. Finally be creative and show the developer the conviction. For example have every signature require a donation to a charity. When you have twenty thousand people sign a petition and donate ten dollars to save the rain forest that tells a developer that people are seriously interested. The important thing is that signing the petition needs to be time consuming rather then a minute fill in the blank process.

Regardless these forums are the absolute worst place to run a petition, because the debate swirls around the console war itself. So posters will sign for a game to come to their platform even thought they would have no intention of making the purchase. Simply for the reason that it would help the console they happen to be loyal to.

I think the two dozen petitions we see every month while not a terrible hassle also just serve as filler. A offense worth banning possibly, but perhaps these threads should be relegated to the off topic forums. That would actually be doing the threads a favor.

Picko said:
deathgod33 said:
for ff13, a boycott of the game (by ps3 owners) would definately make square enix come back crying to sony, begging for forgiveness like they did when sony had to make them that final fantasy movie to save Square's asses from bankrupcy some years ago.

A mass boycott (which would be impossible) would lead to SE reducing their support for the PS3 massively.

That's what I find amuzing about people who are all mad that FF13 went multi-plat and say to boycott the PS3 version.  You are then slitting your own throat.  So Square Enix makes the game multi-plat, then if a mass boycott did happen, and they make all their money from FF13 on the 360, and make no profit from the PS3, you really think they will go running back to being only Sony? 

If you want Square Enix to make good games for your system, you support them.  You make sure to buy their games on your chosen system.  Companies cater to where and who they make money from, not the people who won't pay them anything.  And don't worry about who else gets to enjoy the game also, just make sure that you support your system, and then they will continue to support it.  Whether or not they also support someone else, is irrelevant.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Your boycott threads did not work. The petition threads definitely do not work. Just accept things for the way it is. You can not always get what you want.

They give me lols and so did this thread, mainly because this thread is a petition. I'm for anything that supports my lols.

I did instigate a little to get lols in those boycott Ubi things though... but then again I've bought enough multiple copies of Ubi games that if I did boycott them then a visible % difference would be made in their bottom line.

^_^

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

actually, it was petitions that got Capcom looking into more Wii development, so they actually DO work, sometimes.

We so need to make an online petition stoping online petitions imagine the irony

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

Rock_on_2008 said:
Your boycott threads did not work. The petition threads definitely do not work. Just accept things for the way it is. You can not always get what you want.

Rock, do you feel powerless, unable to control what happens in your life?  Because people are able to do things, and get things done, and change things.  You don't just accept things the way they are.  What would ever get done if everyone just sat idly by?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Rock, do you feel powerless, unable to control what happens in your life? Because people are able to do things, and get things done, and change things. You don't just accept things the way they are. What would ever get done if everyone just sat idly by?

Now you went and added sense to a joke thread.

Good response though.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

im with you rockon.