By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How important is MetroidPrime 3 for Nintendo to counter Microsoft in USA?

I would have to agree to some of guys saying MP3 isn't going to affect that much.

Super Smash Bros on the other hand is a different story. The amount of work going into that game and its huge following will defiantly spur some sales. Granted, its not as huge as Halo, but it's much much closer to Halo than MP3, or IMO, even Galaxy.

Around the Network

Unfortunatley there will never be Halo 4, this may be MS's last really big must have exclusive. Blue Dragon will be big, but it won't be Halo big... at least not at first...

Gballzack said:
Unfortunatley there will never be Halo 4, this may be MS's last really big must have exclusive. Blue Dragon will be big, but it won't be Halo big... at least not at first...

ok, so I don't track Microsoft games that much, but why do you say there will be no Halo 4. Have they stated this, or is this just your opinion?

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Halo, like Metroid Prime, was intended as a 3-part Trilogy story. Of course that's not to say that there won't be another Halo/Metroid Prime, but a new story, within their respective universes, would have to be started.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Bungie officially announced Halo 3 would be the last Halo. They said they're tired of the series and the pressure to perform on it.

Around the Network

There will be a Halo-like game some time later, of course.

And that Halo Wars thing...

I'm sure we'll get another Metroid game some time later...or perhaps something brand-new from Retro, something that resembles Metroid...I dunno.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I don't recall Nintendo saying this would be the last Metroid Prime, did I miss something?

Well they did. I'm not gonna find a link right now...

The last Metroid PRIME. They could do a "Fusion-esque" Metroid game later...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

Well I'll take your word for it. I guess it makes sense since they wedge the Prime games inbetween the main series Metroid games they've probably run out of room to explore. Oh well, such is life.

Gballzack said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Well I'll take your word for it. I guess it makes sense since they wedge the Prime games inbetween the main series Metroid games they've probably run out of room to explore. Oh well, such is life.

http://playmagazine.com/index.php?fuseaction=SiteMain.showGamePage&Game_ID=578&page=2

Relevant text:

"Play: So if Corruption is the conclusion of the trilogy, will this be the final game with the “Prime” moniker?

MK: We knew from the beginning that this would be a three-part trilogy, and this would be the final Prime title. It was nice to know from the outset, in terms of planning the storyline and what have you. This is the end of the Metroid Prime storyline. I’m sure that you’ll see Samus and the Metroid franchise in some form or another. There’s no way Nintendo’s going to write it off and pull a Captain America on Samus. But we’re taking a break from the franchise."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">