By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii in NA- 75k (last week) Wii in UK 60k (this week)... WTF?

What is going on here.... Nintendo is screwing NA over big time in shipments.... Its time for a boston Wii party.... Ok that was bad... But seriously WTF is going on? At this rate Other will pass Wii in Marketshare in NO time...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

School...
August is always slow for recreational devices.

Saturation confirmed!!? :P The dollar is so weak that Nintendo just might be almost losing money on the console here. However the Euro is amazingly strong, making them a greater profit. Nintendo is about the money, like every other corp.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

But the dollar is starting to strengthen, with the long looking very bullish (Goldman-Sachs agrees). I was really hoping to get a second Wii without working for it.

@BigJon, source?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

RCTjunkie said:
School...
August is always slow for recreational devices.

I think it has to do more with supply, than demand, considering the console is still impossible to find online and is going for significantly more than its supposed to on Ebay.

I truely believe that if Nintendo shipped 200,000 units to the US next week, they'd sell em all.

...and I don't wanna hear any fake anecdotal evidence from fanboys in response to that opinion, please. Spare me.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

That's what I'm wondering... but I guess I would blame it on school too...

Europe is cooler than the US now. At least that is what I think when I see the DS sales charts.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

The NA's numbers are up?
How about the others consoles and handhelds?
Seriously man, where the F*b are the numbers?

PSaiki said:
The NA's numbers are up?
How about the others consoles and handhelds?
Seriously man, where the F*b are the numbers?

If you look at the thread title you would know. HOw about you calm down now.

Wii sales are down man just get over it, it cant sell perfectly big numberes all the time, and if i here one moe person say its because of supply i am going to have to slap them,

unless the Wii sells at least 140k+ in NA this week then everyone who is saying its all to do with supply can suck on me toe. i really do find it very hard to believe that Nintendo has increased production but are selling less and less.

if you ask me it has something to do with demand