By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii in NA- 75k (last week) Wii in UK 60k (this week)... WTF?

I really think besides diverting consoles to Europe, the US is stockpiling.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

One of the reasons is that Others (UK especially) is becoming as pro Nintendo as Japan ever was.

America is much more balanced - mostly due to the 360's decent market share in America.

Also

Back to school and a ton of good games in September, Ninty may be holding back stock so they can have huge shipments alongside super mario sluggers and the september release schedule

sc94597 said:
PSaiki said:
The NA's numbers are up?
How about the others consoles and handhelds?
Seriously man, where the F*b are the numbers?

If you look at the thread title you would know. HOw about you calm down now.

Nahh......... I want numbers Vgcharts addicted me to them. =P

Is just like when you recieve a present and you want to know what's inside........... Lol

Every Monday I start to wonder that if when I come home the number's will be up.

obieslut said:
Wii sales are down man just get over it, it cant sell perfectly big numberes all the time, and if i here one moe person say its because of supply i am going to have to slap them,

unless the Wii sells at least 140k+ in NA this week then everyone who is saying its all to do with supply can suck on me toe. i really do find it very hard to believe that Nintendo has increased production but are selling less and less.

if you ask me it has something to do with demand

Cool, an ultimatum.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

They could be hold a lot of wii's for the hoilday season I mean last year it was HELL to find a wii at the stores or online unless you bought it from ebay

Around the Network

It's stockpiling. Not demand like some jackasses would make, or force, you to believe.

Obie, if I say it's "supply" would you smack me? I would've dropped you dead with my Wiimote just now.

RolStoppable said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
RCTjunkie said:
School...
August is always slow for recreational devices.

I think it has to do more with supply, than demand, considering the console is still impossible to find online and is going for significantly more than its supposed to on Ebay.

I truely believe that if Nintendo shipped 200,000 units to the US next week, they'd sell em all.

...and I don't wanna hear any fake anecdotal evidence from fanboys in response to that opinion, please. Spare me.

My brother's cat and my aunt's dog have lost interest in their Wiis a few days after they got it. The consoles are collecting dust now.

The other day, I've seen a place where you could easily find a Wii or a 360 but there were no PS3 to be found.

It was my apartment.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

obieslut said:
Wii sales are down man just get over it, it cant sell perfectly big numberes all the time, and if i here one moe person say its because of supply i am going to have to slap them,

unless the Wii sells at least 140k+ in NA this week then everyone who is saying its all to do with supply can suck on me toe. i really do find it very hard to believe that Nintendo has increased production but are selling less and less.

if you ask me it has something to do with demand

Stockpiling or supply are the only two options.

Demand doesn't drop that hard that quickly for a popular product.   Even you have to admit to that.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

ummm I kinda assumed that you all realized it was not demand... You can't find Wiis anywhere right now. Thus the reason I said N was screwing NA...

They just aren't shipping consoles. Maybe they are sending them all to other now, because the Euro is weakening and the window for sales there is closing as the dollar gains ground.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

wi dead
no mre nitendomniton

ps3 gona wi this genration

!!!!!!!!!!!!