By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendos Growth is Not Good!Well...Tose says so.

Where's the world's smallest violin when you need it?

GoNintendo:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=53721

Full article here:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19331

Yawn.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

Around the Network

Yeah just another person saying that Wii is bad for gaming. We have heard it all before. YAWN

I don't even know who these developers are.

It would seem as though they don't want anyone to know.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Well from what I could tell from reading the article is that's kind of a mix-up of terms. I think it means it's more difficult because they have to answer more demand. But demand is good for business so I imagine thats a good thing.

Also why the hell does this dickbag who wrote this article classify Wii as last gen?

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network

Interesting article, despite what Nintendo fanboys say.

And fancy not knowing who TOSE are, that's some fine ignorance.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

TOSE has a reputation for working in the background so it seems kind of asinine to get even remotely riled up about people not knowing who they are.

That said, the actual statement seems kind of pointless. Of course Nintendo growth is good for Nintendo and not 3rd parties, they're not the ones growing.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

To put it short, TOSE says that Nintendo is expanding the industry but for some magical reason it's a bad thing because Nintendo is the only one that take advantage of it.
Kind of contradicts itself, since what's stopping others to take advantage of it. EA, Ubisoft and Atlus have atleast starting to get a grip of it.

And btw, those who are interested, Malstrom had his take about the subject.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The guy is not even concerned about Nintendo success, it is more about the publishers lagging behind. I bet that most of his clients only got the IP and resources. Nintendo got the IP, resources, talent and foresight. So it is obvious that Nintendo isn`t part of their VIP clients. Of course it is bad for business. If the publishers can`t make blockbuster games they don`t get enough money for more projects.

It is pretty funny how the interviewer keeps trying to push his ideals on the executive:

How many next-gen games has Tose had to do development for, so far? I mean like Xbox 360 or PS3 or high-end PC.

We are just doing a couple of titles for the PS3 and the Xbox 360 as well.

In the West, there's a lot more focus on a multiplayer component, and most games are required to use the network in some way. Is that another difference?

That's true, but we haven't had lots of projects for next-generation machines yet.

Are you concerned about that? At some point, these consoles will become the standard -- do you worry about being behind?

We are not concerned about it at all. We are based on a work-for-hire model, so projects will probably be coming for the Xbox 360 and PS3 if publishers want us to do that.

Is the staff being trained for next-gen stuff in advance of getting the projects?

Yeah. We already have knowledge of technology for those console games.

Why don`t he answers:

Shut up stupid westerner. Look at the dammed software charts, those next generation games sell as much as canned shit.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Like already said the point is clear:
Tose receive commission from other publishers and at this time Nintendo alone is more profitable than the rest of the industry.
So who is to blame WiiFit or thirdparty ?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.