By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If the gen ended Jan1st which console would have the most memorable library

Memorable: Wii.

I will remember it's extreme lack of core games including the the fact that it didn't have a new LoZ [one that wasn't on the previous console aswell]. It will go down as my biggest "letdown" library ever....

It never really had a serious lack.... but I could never say "hey, the Wii had some really good core games" if the Gen was to end there.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Wii followed by 360 followed by PS3.

My Wii is sort of being neglected as of late, but the games it's gotten so far are incredible. Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros. The line up is UNBEATABLE.

The 360 has been taking up most of my time lately. Most of my "holy shit, that was cool!" moments came from 360 games and multi-plats. Halo 3, Gears, Burnout 4 (multi plat), Mass Effect, and Dead Rising delivered big time already!

My PS3 is fairly young. Still, MGS4 and Uncharted brought the goods! Uncharted was a shallow Gears of War/Tomb Raider hybrid, but damn! It was pretty! MGS is probably my favorite series ever.

There you have it. And the future's bright for all 3 consoles!!

@d21lewis: And don't forget, you'll be able to toss Gears 2 onto that list by Jan. 1.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

1)360
2)PS3
3)Wii

Let me clarify the term "memorable". Years from now when the gaming press or the most avid gamers look back on this gen which platform will have memorability akin to the PS2 landfalls of awesome titles compared to the fond library of the Dreamcast and the places between.

Of course this is purely based on the libraries to the aformentioned date.

Around the Network

For my tastes it would be Wii because i'm a nintendo nut. But i can see why people would say 360.

360. It has the most diverse lineup, and a good amount of depth in most genres.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

for me its the wii, i only played handful of ps3 games in short bursts, and i only played xbox 360 once.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

ps2

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)