By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Rockband More Expensive on the 360 than on the PS3?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/06/memo-shows-20-gap-in-xbox-and-ps3-rock-band-guitar/

The only thing that really jumps out is the Xbox 360 guitar price being $20 more than the PS3 (more on this in a second).

Turns out to license Microsoft's proprietary wireless technology would have increased the cost of the wireless guitar and the company decided not to do it. Could $20 be the magic number being tacked on for the consumer?

The memo from the employee at Gamecrazy:

http://www.joystiq.com/media/2007/07/gamecrazyrockbig.jpg

Well I wasn't interested in this game too much, but if I get it I know which version it will be now. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

In the UK all 360 games are £10 more expensive than PS3 games., £50 Rrp Vs £40. Are they the same price in the USA?

you only own a PS3 so yes you will get the PS3 version, on my case I'll get the 360 version, lot of download content I imagine. HAHAHAHAHAH

javierdacosta said:
you only own a PS3 so yes you will get the PS3 version, on my case I'll get the 360 version, lot of download content I imagine. HAHAHAHAHAH

You dumbass I own all three consoles. Maybe you should have read my signature where I clearly state my gamertag?

hmm lemme think, shall I get the same game for more expensive or no? I go with no. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Man, is it me or is this site getting flooded with Microsoft fanboys lately? I don't mind Nintendo because they have something to be proud about and I support Sonys cause.

Anywho, yeah it's too do with the licensing on wireless technology.

I won't be getting any version, but if I were to it would be the PS3 version, mainly because it's cheaper (around £370 cheaper, if you get what I'm saying).

Around the Network

As long as they make a decent effort to make the microphone feature optional...I don't want to sing and neither will my friends. I can sing very well, but I'd rather just hear the original singers sing it...I can't sing better than them.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It is surely just due to Microsoft's asinine controller licensing requirements. M$'s greed quite often overshadows what is in the best interest of customer service and this is one shining example. It's the sole reason why there aren't really a big number of third party controllers -- including dance mats. This little $20 overage doesn't bother me because I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but I sure wish MS would drop the damn nazi tactics on the controller port.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

SamuelRSmith said:
Man, is it me or is this site getting flooded with Microsoft fanboys lately? I don't mind Nintendo because they have something to be proud about and I support Sonys cause.

*shakes head*

Yeah, okay.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

javierdacosta said:

The ps3 has downloadable content.

mM
javierdacosta said:

The PS3 can potentially get more DLC than the 360 since I doubt Sonymusic will be in a hurry to liscense any of their songs for XBL.