By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comparing Exclusives:HD Console Graphics.

Deneidez said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Deneidez said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Which one of these is better?

Oh, that's right, we can't compare, they are not the same game. Also, the PS3 and the NES have no multi-plat games, so I guess we can not argue which console has the ability to produce better visuals. Darn.

First one is better. (You didn't say graphically... -.-) Take a look those pictures (X360 and PS3 games). Are there similar gap between those games as theres when you compare that ipod game to PS3 game? Also is there no difference between functionality in those games? Why I took functionality? If you use static camera with only static meshes , you can make game that looks totally incredible on both platforms(Or game where you can only push few buttons to continue, see dragon lair and heavy rain.). On the other hand, if you make game that is very open and free, you can't really make very good graphics for that game.

Well, I have both patforms, and I have played every released game in this thread. The PS3 offerings look better.

Somehow this one came to my mind right after I did read your post.

http://kotaku.com/5041067/tell-us-dammit-have-you-ever-lied-about-playing-a-game

@woopah

As many times as it takes to PS3 fans to fix their broken egos. :/

Well I see you are new here. I have been here for a long time, and everyone who is a regular here knows I have all consoles (the Wii as well), and play a lot of games. All the games in this thread are high profile. Just about anyone with both consoles will have played them.

Resorting to calling the other person a lire? Nice.

Around the Network

First of I did notice how the pics used were kind of.......what did someone els use here cherrypicked. Some of the screen shots were actual cutscenes(running on in game engine or not cutscenes are genraly better looking then game play). Second of all the games shown looked like they could have been done on the same machine, nothing on there said wow what machine did that. The fact is both machine will feature great looking and playing games with some games on one system offering something the other doesnt. The reason why people feel the need to always bring things up like this(which can be fun sometimes) is the fact that both are so close I mean you dont see a thread about wii graphics vs 360 or ps3 because there is no need. The last point I have to make is I want you to take away the extras each system has for a sec and just look at the games quality not your game fav but the actual quality of the games is there a diff between any of them to justify the price diff between both systems???????????NO. Now I know that it is not as simple as that and I for one look at everything a system has to offer before I buy but I am just talking about the games here nothing more(I may be one of the few people who think that the ps3 price point is very fair at this moment in time considering what it does and what you get so please dont think Im saying that its not worth its money or anything like that). My point being with this very long and probably boring read to most of you lol is that the games on both systems will be pritty close to one another.

TheRealMafoo said:
Deneidez said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Deneidez said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Oh, that's right, we can't compare, they are not the same game. Also, the PS3 and the NES have no multi-plat games, so I guess we can not argue which console has the ability to produce better visuals. Darn.

First one is better. (You didn't say graphically... -.-) Take a look those pictures (X360 and PS3 games). Are there similar gap between those games as theres when you compare that ipod game to PS3 game? Also is there no difference between functionality in those games? Why I took functionality? If you use static camera with only static meshes , you can make game that looks totally incredible on both platforms(Or game where you can only push few buttons to continue, see dragon lair and heavy rain.). On the other hand, if you make game that is very open and free, you can't really make very good graphics for that game.

Well, I have both patforms, and I have played every released game in this thread. The PS3 offerings look better.

http://kotaku.com/5041067/tell-us-dammit-have-you-ever-lied-about-playing-a-game

@woopah

Well I see you are new here. I have been here for a long time, and everyone who is a regular here knows I have all consoles (the Wii as well), and play a lot of games. All the games in this thread are high profile. Just about anyone with both consoles will have played them.

Agreed Mafoo.

Tease.

CAL4M1TY said:

The most important thing to take out of this thread is:

The inferiority complex some of the PS3 fanboys have that they needed to make a point about graphics by making a thread about it, often comparing unreleased or brand new games with games released 6+ months ago.

I would say the only fair comparison is Resistance VS Gears, but even then R1 was a launch title rushed vs Gears a year 1 title.

The only proper comparison is multiplatform titles, why? (note this includes MS bias to annoy the sony fanboys):
- When a game is 360 lead, the PS3 version alot of the time suffers (Madden and NHL prior to this years edition, Orange Box, FEAR, Enchanted Arms etc)
- When a game is PS3 lead, the difference is minimal at best (DMC4, Burnout Paradise, Assassin's Creed, VF5 gets online in the 360 version)

That's all the evidence you need.

(In reality: My view is that there is very little difference between the two consoles, heck even MGS4 didn't stun me, maybe I got used to the HD level when Gears first dropped, but I was more wowed by how polished the game was more then how graphically realistic it was. Also, so long as there's no slowdown, I doubt many of you really care about how the game looks when you're playing.)

It is funny that you said that.........seeing as this thread is not about which game actually plays better but which games are graphically superior.  Resistence is an awsome game but it is not the most graphically pleasing out there, every one knows that. People keep saying things like "Why dont you compare Resistence vs GeOW?". Yea, GeOW looked better then Resistence, which was a release title, WOOPTY DOO! The point is GeOW2 looks better then Gears1 (ever so slightly), Killzone 2 looks better then Resistence 1&2. How about we just skip the middle man and go for the main course shall we? That is why Killzone 2 got to pair off with Gears2.

If I wanted I could pair off plenty of mediocre games with sub par graphics, but I didnt. I am not her to start a flaimbait thread. These games are similar in nature and genre. Their artistic styles are similar as well. This is the best way to compare console graphics as many have stated countless times.

YOu can not get accurate readings from a multiplat game, as you already said that in your post. They tend to be somewhere around "even" and dont show enough to make an accurate judgement. Multiplat always leads to a Gimped game, on both sides.

You seemingly created this post to simply gain a rise from others. This makes you a troll(Odd to see someone with a Kingdom Hearts icon troll a PS3 thread). I started this thread because many times console owners wish to compare their games graphically, if only to message their own ego. Many times a website or publication unfairly tip graphics in the 360's favor as weALL have seen. This is one made by a common consumer who plays these games and stays in the loop of what is upcoming.

You only dissagree with the thread because it proves the PS3 can produce superior graphics, just as the XBOX could compared to the PS2...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

@ celticlonewolf

price diff between both systems???????????NO

I think most people will want to buy a games console from a longer term perspective, the technical differences will show more and more.

IMO the price difference is well motivated in the specs and general build quality. Actually IMO the price point is rather amazing considering the actual costs.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:

Internet teaches skepticism nicely...

@forevercloud3000

You only dissagree with the thread because it proves the PS3 can produce superior graphics, just as the XBOX could compared to the PS2...

Whose on denial right now? And wheres haze?

Deneidez said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Internet teaches skepticism nicely...

@forevercloud3000

Whose on denial right now? And wheres haze?

sigh.........like I said earlier, this thread is about TOP TIER GRAPHIX! not which games are better. Haze fails in both respects, so it has no purpose in this thread.

Its strange how when someone is trapped in a corner while arguing, they detour the coversation to better suit them instead of facing it head on.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

TheRealMafoo said:
Deneidez said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Deneidez said:
TheRealMafoo said:

@woopah

i have both consoles as well and i agree, the ps3 games looks better.

I agree with you MikeB the price point is good for what you get thats the reason I have one:) (well actually I got the 60gig version back when they ran the deal with the free BR movies). My point still stands though or the point I was making the games on both systems are almost exactly the same. In my experiance most people who buy consoles dont look to much in down the road with them. Game consoles are there to have fun with and I would say most people really dont look at them as a investment(they maybe should start). If people really worried about all the tech stuff or which will have the best looking games 2 years down the line then the wii wouldnt be selling like mad or saying that the ps2 wouldnt still be selling so great. I beleive at the end of the day people will buy the machine that they feel they will get the most enjoyment out of regardless of graphics or specs or any of that. For me I can say I got my moneys worth out of both my 360 and ps3 and I can say that at this moment in time and from what I have seens games on both are really making this gen the most fun I have had.

@ Deneidez

And wheres haze?

Here:

http://img.hexus.net/v2/gaming/screenshots_ps3/haze/haze_large_1.jpg

Not an awful game or something, just not close to being on par with games like COD4, Warhawk, Killzone 2 or Resistance 2 on the PS3.

Wasn't Rumble Roses XX a 360 exclusive? What a horrible game...

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales