By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTAIV DLC Rumored To Be Huge And Cost 1600 MS Points

nobody on my my xbl friends list even plays this anymore! hardly anyone on my psn list does either.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I find the rumor very interesting in that it may prove what has been said earlier. That these expansions in fact will be closer to full fledged games. We have to remember this generation Grand Theft Auto will only have one game to it, so these packages are probably closer to a Vice City type of installment rather then what we have come to expect from other DLC.

Where the hell did you get that idea from? Of course there will be more GTA games this generation, you heathen!

Do you really think they would spend all that money developing such a sophisticated game engine and then use it for only one GTA game? That just doesn't make any sense.

Despite the fact that it easily outclasses its competitors, I have always regarded GTA4 as something of an hors d'oeuvre, as GTA3 was to VC and SA. I fully expect to dogfight in a GTA game this generation.

obieslut said:
bah i couldnt care less what it is, this game is so last month

alot of people seem to forget that GTAIV is a game of the year contender.

Played_Out said:
Dodece said:
I find the rumor very interesting in that it may prove what has been said earlier. That these expansions in fact will be closer to full fledged games. We have to remember this generation Grand Theft Auto will only have one game to it, so these packages are probably closer to a Vice City type of installment rather then what we have come to expect from other DLC.

Where the hell did you get that idea from? Of course there will be more GTA games this generation, you heathen!

Do you really think they would spend all that money developing such a sophisticated game engine and then use it for only one GTA game? That just doesn't make any sense.

Despite the fact that it easily outclasses its competitors, I have always regarded GTA4 as something of an hors d'oeuvre, as GTA3 was to VC and SA. I fully expect to dogfight in a GTA game this generation.

hardly.  saints row and crackdown are much better games.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Spankey said:
wow those poor guys getting one of those new $199 consoles without a hard drive are going to be upset.

Ever heard of Ebay? You can get a much better deal on hard drives. $199 is a great price, especially if there are people willing to purchase a 20 GB hard drive on ebay.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:
wow those poor guys getting one of those new $199 consoles without a hard drive are going to be upset.

Ever heard of Ebay? You can get a much better deal on hard drives. $199 is a great price, especially if there are people willing to purchase a 20 GB hard drive on ebay.

"no I haven't. what is this Ebay and why was is my console gimped?

I knew it was a bad buy at that price.

Oh well. next time I won't buy an Xbox" says the average consumer who doen't give a rats ass about having to go through Ebay to make a console work properly.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:

Oh well. next time I won't buy an Xbox" says the average consumer who doen't give a rats ass about having to go through Ebay to make a console work properly.

What the hell are you talking about? The 120 GB is $179, The 20 GB is $99. I was just helping with getting a deal (You know..a cheaper price?). At least Microsoft deserves to make profit off of the Hard drives. Sony's can be easily replaced at a much cheaper price by a non Sony brand. Have we found a glitch in the matrix now? Yet...Sony still tries to get people to buy their 160 GB so that they can keep the price up to $400. Microsoft made it iron clad, without loopholes.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:

What the hell are you talking about? The 120 GB is $179, The 20 GB is $99. I was just helping with getting a deal. At least Microsoft deserves to make profit off of the Hard drives. Sony's can be easily replaced at a much cheaper price by a non Sony brand. Have we found a glitch in the matrix now? Yet...Sony still tries to get people to buy their 160 GB so that they can keep the price up to $400. Microsoft made it iron clad, without loopholes.

for that price (199+99), if i was an average consumer looking for a console, I'd get a Wii. there's the loophole.

I was alluding to the Arcade bundle. When the Jasper comes out and if the reviews are positive, I'll buy buy the Elite.

I'm saying that the people who will buy the $199 console (and there will be many) will feel upset that to get this DLC they'll need to fork out an extra $120 ($100 for HDD + $20 for the DLC) and so probably won't bother with it, and might even feel they've been shammed.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:

What the hell are you talking about? The 120 GB is $179, The 20 GB is $99. I was just helping with getting a deal. At least Microsoft deserves to make profit off of the Hard drives. Sony's can be easily replaced at a much cheaper price by a non Sony brand. Have we found a glitch in the matrix now? Yet...Sony still tries to get people to buy their 160 GB so that they can keep the price up to $400. Microsoft made it iron clad, without loopholes.

for that price (199+99), if i was an average consumer looking for a console, I'd get a Wii. there's the loophole.

I was alluding to the Arcade bundle. When the Jasper comes out and if the reviews are positive, I'll buy buy the Elite.

I'm saying that the people who will buy the $199 console (and there will be many) will feel upset that to get this DLC they'll need to fork out an extra $120 ($100 for HDD + $20 for the DLC) and so probably won't bother with it, and might even feel they've been shammed.

You only need a hard drive if you want to play online.  Otherwise you can still download arcade games and such.  To casual gamers, it is sufficient.

Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:

The 360 isn't the Wii. $200 for an HD console is a great incentive for anyone who couldn't get it before hand. When they go to gamestop they could probably trade in a couple of games a pick up a 20 GB Hard drive or if they have the cash thats fine too. A $200 price tag isn't what lures casual people (or average consumers as you put it), it's the playability of the system and obviously the Wii has that lure to mass demographics. The 360's price tag is a lure for the gamers who want an HD system but cannot afford it over $300 (IE: The 60% of people who purchased PS2's after the first three years were those people).

Also, who said the people who buy a new 360 arcade will need to buy GTA immediately? Consumers who are frugal and are patient waiters tend to to buy Platinum hits/Greatest hits or just purchase used games. For people like that GTA can wait.