By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GTAIV DLC Rumored To Be Huge And Cost 1600 MS Points

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The 360 and PS3 will never fully attain the casual market. They need to go after the people who cannot afford the PS3's and 360's that are frugal gamers. Those people accounted for over 60% of the PS2's sales after the first 3 years and the price drop occured.

I can your point

Haha lol. I can just see the announcement next week - Sony anounce a 20GB model with no Wi-Fi for $250

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

GTA IV sold almost 6 million copies.  Is there are just 500.000 people who buy this DLC and 750k peolple who bought this version because of it, it was worth it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The 360 and PS3 will never fully attain the casual market. They need to go after the people who cannot afford the PS3's and 360's that are frugal gamers. Those people accounted for over 60% of the PS2's sales after the first 3 years and the price drop occured.

I can your point

Haha lol. I can just see the announcement next week - Sony anounce a 20GB model with no Wi-Fi for $250

Sony would account massive losses if that happened too early.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
IllegalPaladin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
IllegalPaladin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Unless this plans to add TONS more things to do and not be as boring and repetitive as the singleplayer game, it may be worth it.

Otherwise, I think it could be too late. I was so bored making it through the game that I couldn't give a crap about the DLC, especially DLC that's going to cost money.

It's going to add over 10 hours of Storyline/gameplay, new cars, clothes, etc. It will most likely be worth it.

Nearly everything about that doesn't even interest me based on my time with GTAIV. The only thing that would interest me is some new storyline because while the story of GTAIV isn't amazing, it was still enough to at least want to brave through the boring and repetative missions to see the end. Believe it or not, I liked how they built up the relationship with Roman and thus, I opted to keep him alive and let Kate die.

Otherwise,

New Cars, clothes, and weapons, ect are all getting a big fat - "So what?" from me.

I could care less what gets a so what. Something new is all it is. The storyline is extended. Trust me if this DLC was free for all on 360 and PS3 the PS3 fanboys would not be complaining and you know it.

lol that's a big IF and it's not going to happen that way.

We already know that Microsoft paid $50 million for this DLC and it's exclusive to the 360 (though I think it'd make it's way to PC too) so why even attempt to use 'free' and 'on ps3' in the same sentence when talking about the DLC?

Again, the only thing interesting about GTAIV's story, in my opinion, was when the big events happened. That was the only thing that kept me playing because while commical, seeing the crazy people you're doing missions for gets boring too. Thus, how much of that rumored 15 hours is going to be interesting? Or will it just be 15 hours of repetative missions from even more crazy people where you have to sit through cut-scenes of them screaming and yelling at you to do to the same things you did in the main story?

No it will not go to PC. It will be 1600 MS points on Xbox Live.

If you noticed like I did, Rockstar is trying to milk this game in its HD form, by starting from scratch. This is why its so repeititive and simple compared to the last game before it. The next GTA's will be much better. It's business. They are just hiding their cards and everyones buying it. With games like Saints Row 2 coming out looking amazing, it gives Rockstar very little incentive to hold back as much as they did with the first game.

So you don't mind paying $60 for a game in which you were aware it was purposfully held back to be boring and have less things to do than previous games so that you can pay $20 for extra DLC and/or another $60 for the next GTA game?

If a game is that great, I would probably buy DLC for. Obviously everybody has their own tastes, but if somebody finds GTAIV to be boring and repetative, what's the incentive to be milked on DLC?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Spankey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I can your point

Sony would account massive losses if that happened too early.

well they're already making a loss - whats stopping them from bringing out a limited run to test the pricing? they're already making that 160GB limited edition later this year, might as well test the other end of the pool

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
IllegalPaladin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
IllegalPaladin said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Unless this plans to add TONS more things to do and not be as boring and repetitive as the singleplayer game, it may be worth it.

Otherwise, I think it could be too late. I was so bored making it through the game that I couldn't give a crap about the DLC, especially DLC that's going to cost money.

It's going to add over 10 hours of Storyline/gameplay, new cars, clothes, etc. It will most likely be worth it.

Nearly everything about that doesn't even interest me based on my time with GTAIV. The only thing that would interest me is some new storyline because while the story of GTAIV isn't amazing, it was still enough to at least want to brave through the boring and repetative missions to see the end. Believe it or not, I liked how they built up the relationship with Roman and thus, I opted to keep him alive and let Kate die.

Otherwise,

New Cars, clothes, and weapons, ect are all getting a big fat - "So what?" from me.

I could care less what gets a so what. Something new is all it is. The storyline is extended. Trust me if this DLC was free for all on 360 and PS3 the PS3 fanboys would not be complaining and you know it.

lol that's a big IF and it's not going to happen that way.

We already know that Microsoft paid $50 million for this DLC and it's exclusive to the 360 (though I think it'd make it's way to PC too) so why even attempt to use 'free' and 'on ps3' in the same sentence when talking about the DLC?

Again, the only thing interesting about GTAIV's story, in my opinion, was when the big events happened. That was the only thing that kept me playing because while commical, seeing the crazy people you're doing missions for gets boring too. Thus, how much of that rumored 15 hours is going to be interesting? Or will it just be 15 hours of repetative missions from even more crazy people where you have to sit through cut-scenes of them screaming and yelling at you to do to the same things you did in the main story?

No it will not go to PC. It will be 1600 MS points on Xbox Live.

If you noticed like I did, Rockstar is trying to milk this game in its HD form, by starting from scratch. This is why its so repeititive and simple compared to the last game before it. The next GTA's will be much better. It's business. They are just hiding their cards and everyones buying it. With games like Saints Row 2 coming out looking amazing, it gives Rockstar very little incentive to hold back as much as they did with the first game.

So you don't mind paying $60 for a game that was purposfully held back to be boring and have less things to do than previous games so that you can pay $20 for extra DLC and/or another $60 for the next GTA game?

Well this is where I could compare this game with MGS4. I bought it for the Cinematic and storyline value. Either this or Saints Row and I didn't like the first one, but I am liking the second Saints Row better. I didn't mind forking out $60 for it when it came out (It was alot of fun) and paying $20 for the DLC because I finished the game and found the game to be interesting even in its HD beauty and gameplay simplicity. They dumbed the game down so they could restart the franchise and milk it. With Saints Row 2 gaining steam its going to be hard for them to keep that same game plan. They will have to push the envelope next game.

If its just new missions then for the price they should all be high quality, layered affairs, like the Heat ripoff mission. No chasing one guy on a bike around for a bit until the game decides to let your bullets hit him.

Some new territory would certainly be preferable but I guess until more details are released its all guesswork so far.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
If its just new missions then for the price they should all be high quality, layered affairs, like the Heat ripoff mission. No chasing one guy on a bike around for a bit until the game decides to let your bullets hit him.

Some new territory would certainly be preferable but I guess until more details are released its all guesswork so far.

Exactly, it's all guesswork so far. All we know for sure is that the DLC will be over 10 hours and there will be newer features.