By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 getting blu-ray drive

Imthelegend said:
No it will help Sony out too much in royalties and that would not be good for MS.

I'm pretty sure while sony Spearheaded it companies like Philips Panasonic and Samsung also have their fair share of Blu-ray as a format..

Around the Network

Another misleading thread.
BTW: Blu-Ray would not be put into a new model X360.

There's no reason for them to have one. The hd dvds are sell pretty well.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

maybe anytime in the future, but just external and just for movies and not for games.

Snake612 said:

Whhhaaa? The stand alone never reached a milion, I think not even a half million, and HD DVD as a format is dead. By the holidays I would be suprised to see any movies released on that format anymore.

Or are you being sarcastic?

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
Snake612 said:

360 fans would implode if the 360 recieved a blu-ray drive. Suddenly one of the major targets of abuse towards the PS3 (it plays movies and thats it!) would be destroyed!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@BMaker11, that wat poster would be so much funnier if they started it at the "You got MSN" line. Its just kind of icky when you read the whole thing, since the chick is obviously supposed to be under aged.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

sweetoothj said:

i was just wondering if it was POSSIBLE for them to get blu-ray since sony owns it

This is probably the biggest misconception about Blu-ray and it's been around since day one.  Blu-ray is not solely a Sony product.  It was developed by a consortium of companies such as Panasonic, Sony and others.  Sony's estimated stake in it is estimated at approx. 30%.  The only reason people mistake it for being solely Sony is because of its inclusion in the PS3.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Misleading thread title. Locking.